Home Forums GENERAL interfacing

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      umer ashraf wani
      Participant

Can somebody let me know interfacing of MATLAB with opti system . what would be the output of MATLAB component.(electrical or optical)
      Regards
      Umer ashraf

Hello Umer Ashraf,
      In order to create an optical component in Matlab for co-simulation with OptiSystem, first we need to understand the optical signal format that OptiSystem can generate and the structure of that signal launched into the Matlab workspace.Using the MATLAB Library, we can add a Matlab component to the layout. By clicking on the component properties, on the Main tab, we can choose the Sampled Signal in the time or frequency
      domain. The number of input and output ports and also the format of these signals (Optical/Electrical) can be defined in the Inputs and Outputs tab. The User Parameter tab is used to define the input parameters of the component.

You can refer to the pdf the link of which i am attaching. I hope this will help you
      https://dru5cjyjifvrg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Matlab-Optical-Example.pdf?51da48

This has been discussed already

Using Matlab With Optiwave

Thanks

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

thanks a lot

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

hi
      i agree with Hamza ali. he has provided links which should be very helpful to you.

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant
      umer ashraf wani
      Participant

will go through these links
      thanks a lot

Hello Umer,

This has been already discussed in various topics. if u r asking about interfacing an electrical component with optisystem we have already discussed in various other topics but still i would repeat here that u need to right the matlab code and then add a matlab component in the design and double click on the component to import the m.file u can do that by writing the path of that file in the option asking about path and in run command part u have to mention the name of m.file followed by semicolon. then load matlab and run. this is how we interface matlab rest if u r referring to something else please convey. Hope this will be helpful to you. Thanking you.

Regards

Burhan

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

asalamu aliakum
      how data is read by opti system from matlab component
      can u make me understand by an example
      regards
      umer ashraf

Walekum’asalam,

try going through this pdf. It will surely help.
      https://dru5cjyjifvrg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Matlab-Optical-Example.pdf?51da48

For example you can refer to the binary switch example in the optisystem tutorial itself. Once you do it and interface with optisystem you will get an idea how we do it.

Regards

Burhan

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

will go through it
      thanks a lot

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

i have one more query regarding Band width of WDM and channel spacing
      If i am simulating an 8 channel WDM system with frequency varying from 193.1 to 193.8, what should be the BW of Multiplexr? 10Ghz r 80Ghz
      and how can i simulate the same system for different channel spacing. kindly let me know.
      regards
      umer ashraf

Hello Umer,

Well as far as your query regarding bandwidth of Multiplexer is concerned, i would like to mention that the bandwidth of a Multiplexer or a Demultiplexer actually refers to the bandwidth of the filters used for each channel of the implemented WDM system whereas the bandwidth in some other components such as amplifiers is the bandwidth of operation of that specific component.
        i will suggest you to increase the bandwidth from 10 GHz which is a default value to 20 GHz and check for the results. In my opinion, When the bandwidth is reduced, many signals with higher frequencies get distorted as they fall out of the pass band of the filter. This means they cannot be correctly detected at the receiver. This is the basic and complete theoretical explanation of why the bandwidth reduction causes system degradation.
        I hope this will be helpful. This has been already discussed previously. I will suggest you to go through these links.

Bandwidth parameter for each component

WDM

Regards

Burhan

mohammad namera
      Participant

you need to understand the optical signal format that OptiSystem can generate and the structure of that signal launched into the Matlab workspace.Using the MATLAB Library, we can add a Matlab component to the layout. By clicking on the component properties, on the Main tab, we can choose the Sampled Signal in the time or frequency
      domain. The number of input and output ports and also the format of these signals (Optical/Electrical) can be defined in the Inputs and Outputs tab. The User Parameter tab is used to define the input parameters of the component.

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

Thanks a lot
      Mohammad numera

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.