Home Forums SYSTEM Matlab code in matlab Component

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rend Alrays
      Participant

Hi..
      I’m having problems of writing codes in matlab and then exporting it to optisys ,, what are the difference between the code written in matlab and the other used in co-simulation,, as i saw in other topics the inputs will be written as (for example):
      amp = InputPort1.Sampled.Signal;
      freq = InputPort1.Sampled.Frequency;
      instead of numbers as in matlab ,, (I’m using an available code programmed in matlab)

alistu
      Participant

Hi Rend,

The codes written for co-simulation have been made with regard to the format of the vectors generated in OptiSystem. For example, for an electrical signal OptiSystem creates a time vector and a magnitude vector separately. You must know how to refer to each of these vectors in your code to be able to access them and process their data by Matlab. A good first step to understand these is to start with the videos created by Optiwave and tutorials available in OptiSystem samples in Matlab co-simulation section.

Regards

Rend Alrays
      Participant

thats exactly what i was talking about i didnt understand the codes written in the example below.. Are there any steps to follow ?
      according to the samples how can i run them if i dont have the m file? without writing the path??

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

You can write the code in an m file and put the m file in the same folder as the osd simulation file. This way you won’t have to writing the code path in the Run Command in the Matlab Component. You can also write the whole code in the run command, without any need to create any m file (although I have always used the first method).

Rend Alrays
      Participant

So how will I reach to the matlab code of the samples??

alistu
        Participant

You can refer to the following forum topic where the Matlab binary switch example code has been written in an m file. You just need to make a change to the m file as mentioned in the following comment by Damian:

Why Matlab Binary Switch is not working?

Regards

Rend Alrays
      Participant

I cant open the osd file 🙁

Rend Alrays
      Participant

Im using optisys 13

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Can you find out the exact version you are using by choosing “about OptiSystem” option in help in the menu bar? The last OptiSystem version is 13.0.3 . You can see if yours is the same. If it was the same, try redownloading the file from the addressed forum topic and the open it. I hope it works.

Rend Alrays
      Participant

It is 13.0.1 and i have only 20 days left..

alistu
        Participant

Well, you can download the new version, uninstall the current version that you are using now and install the new version and you will still have 20 days left. I have done this in the past and I have also seen a verification of such a thing being possible in one of the topics as far as I can remember.

Rend Alrays
      Participant

How can I download the new version?? The problem still exists and I only have 20 days..

alistu
        Participant

You can go to your Optiwave profile and click on “evaluation license downloads”. there, you can use OptiSystem software and download it. You can download each software evaluation for three times. I suggest that you download the 64-bit version, as I know it is version 13.0.3, although 32-bit version is also supposed to be so.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.