Years in business
Optiwave Systems Inc.
Optiwave is the emerging leader in the development of innovative software tools for the design, simulation, and optimization of components, links, systems and networks for the dynamically growing fields in photonics nanotechnology, optoelectronics, optical networks and other photonic applications.
Since its inception in 1994, Optiwave’s software has been licensed to more than 1000 industry-leading corporations and universities in over 70 countries worldwide. Today, Optiwave’s cutting-edge photonic design automation software and customized engineering design services offer its customers a distinct competitive advantage, by vastly shortening their time to market while dramatically improving quality, productivity and cost-effectiveness.
Our clients come from various market segments, such as:
- Photonic component and module suppliers: Oclaro, Corning, 3M, LG, Intel and Oki Electric
- Optical telecommunication equipment providers: Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei, Mitsubishi, NEC, and Ciena
- Telecommunication Service providers: NTT, AT&T and Bell Canada
- National defense contractors: Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing and Thales
- Non-profit organizations: Sandia National Laboratories, Battelle, National Research Council of Canada, the Communications Research Centre
- University professors, researchers and graduate students in hundreds of universities around the world: Harvard, MIT, Stanford, McGill, Nanyang, Shanghai and Tokyo University
Our Vision is to empower the use of photonics around the world, by spearheading the development and growth of a new global Photonics Design Automation industry.
Our Mission is to provide cutting-edge, high quality design automation software for the entire spectrum of the photonics industry, from nano-components through to optical components, systems and complete optical network design.