FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Optiwave Introduces OptiSystem 20.0
OptiSystem Upgrade Boost Simulation Experiences for Optical Systems Design in IoT, 5G, LiDAR, Sensors, QKD, FSO, and other applications.
OTTAWA, ONTARIO — 24th Feb 2023— Optiwave Systems Inc., the leading provider of optical component and system design tools, announced today the immediate availability of OptiSystem V20. This version includes many improvements and enhancements for several existing components. This new version will help the engineers who are working in IoT, 5G, LiDAR, Sensors, QKD, FSO, and other optical telecommunication applications to speed up the simulation and optimization process of their designs.
“Six new components are added, and over 30 new examples have been added to OptiSystem 20.0 Example Library. These examples provide a strong base for Scientists and Engineers to design their own projects. Many added features to the different components made simulation in OptiSystem 20 robust.” Said Dr. Ahmad Atieh, VP of Optical Systems at Optiwave.
- Allow a non-power of 2 number of samples feature for raised-cosine M-ary pulse generator. This feature is enabled in the global parameters popup window.
- Allow animation (file-to-file and progress bar) when movies and frames are created from plots.
- Allow users to create frames for the different graphs when using the sweeping feature. This feature would enable machine learning applications.
- Enable users to control the operation of different switches using a sequence of bits instead of a single bit in older versions of OptiSystem. This feature addresses QKD needs.
- Allow users to load any swept parameter for all components from the file. A new choice, “From file…” is added to the Parameter Sweeps popup window. This feature addresses QKD needs.
- Add new controls to the OptiInstrument Comm and Control component to allow choosing the interpolation scheme (Linear or Cubic) and loading power & phase data, Real & Imaginary, or just power data for signals.
- Remove the 3D graphs in the BERT Test Set component view shown in the Project Browser or component view feature when there is no nesting of two parameters in the project which is a requirement for creating 3D graphs. However, 2D graphs are created when only one parameter is swept. If two parameters are swept, there will be no 2D graphs generated for BER versus that parameter. The example (BERT Graphs_112Gbps DP-16QAM_B2B_subsystem with DSP.osd) demo that.
- Allow executing OptiSystem projects that have components that use input file(s) without the need to use a path for the input file(s) if the file(s) is located in the same directory of the OptiSystem project.
- Add Randomness seed feature to the Parameter Groups that can be accessed from the Layout field in the toolbar of OptiSystem GUI.
- Make the maximum number for parameters’ sweep iteration to 20,000 to enable Machine Learning projects.
- The CPP component supports visual studio VS22.
- OptiSystem 20.0 supports Cuda GPU version 11.6.
Upgrade to OptiSystem V20 is free for customers with a valid maintenance contract with Optiwave. To download a free evaluation license, please visit http://optiwave.com/register/. For more information on OptiSystem V20, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Optiwave Systems Inc.
Optiwave (www.optiwave.com) is a leading provider of engineering design software products for photonic, biophotonic, and system design engineers. Optiwave provides a comprehensive variety of optical component and system design tools to thousands of leading high-technology businesses and academic institutions. An established community of engineers and scientists in over seventy countries supports Optiwave’s hallmark of achievements in Canadian business for more than 28 years.
Optiwave is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with an established distribution network throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.