Home Forums GENERAL SDM

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

HI ALL..

is there any provision for implementing Space division Multipexing (SDM) system using Optisystem..?

Regards
      FAYIQA

Rahul Tiwari
      Participant

Hi Fayiqa,

I do not think it is possible in the latest version.. Try going through the following link:

Space-Division Multiplexing

Regards
      Rahul Tiwari

HI RAHUL..

Thank you for the link you have shared.. But i suppose it is a very older link and then it was version 7 and now it is version 14.. And i presume we have mutltimode fibers in the library as weel though not sure.

Regards

Kanwarjeet Singh
      Participant

Hi Dear,
      Apparently the optisystem does not support SDMA i guess but still your can inquire about it by asking them. You can mail them about your query. I hope you will get some satisfactory answers. Thanking you.

Regards
      Kanwarjeet

HELLO KANWARJEET..

Thanks for the response i appreciate but i think we should be able to..I think we have multimode fibers available and that should serve our purpose but yes i think better inquire from them.

Regards

Kanwarjeet Singh
          Participant

Hi Dear,

I am not sure if we have the multimode fibers but as far as i know e cannot implement SDMA rest God knows. I think better option is to contact soptiwave personals they will surely help.

Regards
          Kanwarjeet

HI KANWARJEET..
          I hope we can..anyway thanks for your efforts..

Regards

Rahul Tiwari
      Participant

Hi FAYIQA,

I Agree with you on this it is an older link..

Regards

HELLO RAHUL..
        Thank you for your acknowledgement..I appreciate.

Regards

Rahul Tiwari
      Participant

Hi Kanwarjeet,

I also believe contacting optiwave support is the best solution…
      Regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Fayiqa,
      Please refer to the followings links for implementation of Space division Multipexing (SDM) system using Optisystem.

Space division Multiplexing

Space-Division Multiplexing

We also know that SDM is the latest field of research in the fields of wireless comminicationfor application in the Massive MIMO technology.
      Optical communication technology has been advancing rapidly for several decades, supporting our increasingly information-driven society and Much of this progress has been in finding innovative ways to increase the data-carrying capacity of a single optical fibre. To achieve this, researchers have explored and attempted to optimize multiplexing in time, wavelength, polarization and phase. Commercial systems now utilize all four dimensions to send more information through a single fibre than ever before.

Invitation for input on spatial multiplexing in OptiSystem

https://www.osapublishing.org/abstract.cfm?uri=ACPC-2015-ASu5D.2
      http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?reload=true&arnumber=6656540

HI RAJGURU..

Firstly thank you for your concern.. I really appreciate and the links are very apt and are very helpful indeed.. Thank you once again.

Regards

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi all,

I agree with Rajguru that that SDM is the latest field of research in the fields of wireless communication.. Also the links by Rajguru are very inormative..

Regards
      Ankita

HELLO ANKITA..
        Thank you for the concern..I appreciate.

Regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

you are most welcome Fayiqa and Ankita
      for your agreement and consent.

As i have already said Space division multiplexing is mostly used in wireless communication till date.
      And also the main advantage of SDMA is frequency reuse. Provided the reuse distance is preserved in the network architecture, interference can be near zero, even if mobile stations use the same allocated frequencies.

So, it should be implemented in optical communication using optisystem software.

As we shifting towards hybrid networks — wireless and optical , so we hope to use it , SDMA architecture saves on valuable network resources and prevents redundant signal transmission in areas where mobile devices are currently inactive.
      And SDMA technology channels radio signals based on the location of the mobile station.

Thanks
      Rajguru

HI RAJGURU..

Thank you so much for sharing little more knowledge.. It would certainly help .

Regards

deepak jha
      Participant

Hi Fayiqa,

I agree with you that efforts of Rajguru are worth appreciating…

Regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

You are most welcome FAYIQA NAQSHBANDI
      As we know Space division multiplexing is one of latest techniques of multiplexing or multiple access.
      It was a very useful discuss and got basic as well as good information of SDM.

Thanks for starting such useful and latest technologies on forum

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.