Home Forums SYSTEM Space division Multiplexing

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Everyone is there any provision for implementing Space division Multipexing (SDM) system using Optisystem. If yes please put here some samples. Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
      Dhiman

prakash jat
      Participant

try to use multiplexing and demultiplexing in multimode section

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Prakash Jat,
        I am not getting, need some more explanation. One of my friend is working on EDFA design for SDM system. So will you suggest some paper.

Regards,
        Dhiman

prakash jat
      Participant
        Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Thank you prakash for providing me with the paper. I will definitely go though it. I am still confused how to implement it in Optisystem.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hellow Dhiman Kakati,
      I think that in latest version of optisystem i.e. 14th , we could not design Space division Multiplexing as it is a channel access method based on creating parallel spatial pipes. It is mostly used for MIMO Systems, Smart antenna and 5G.
      I don’t think it has any application in optical fiber communication.
      It is used in combination with TDM, FDM and CDM.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,
        I think you are referring to the wireless space division Multiplexing. There are also application of SDM in Optical fiber communication, I can give you reference of some paper as below. You may find this helpful.

Y. Tsuchida and R. sugizaki, “Multicore EDFA for space division Multiplexing”, IEICE Trans. Commun. , Vol.E97-B, NO. 7, July 2014.

Thanking you.

Regards,
        Dhiman

prakash jat
        Participant

hi ranjeet
        you can do it in optisystem 14 now not in 13
        SDM means spatial domain multiplexing so we need to mm fiber ( MDM) or multicore fiber

rahul kumar
      Participant

Hi Dhiman Kakati,
      We can’t design space division multiplexing in optisystem.
      It is latest field of research in the fields of wireless comminication find applications in Massive MIMO.
      Optical communication technology has been advancing rapidly for several decades, supporting our increasingly information-driven society and economy. Much of this progress has been in finding innovative ways to increase the data-carrying capacity of a single optical fibre. To achieve this, researchers have explored and attempted to optimize multiplexing in time, wavelength, polarization and phase. Commercial systems now utilize all four dimensions to send more information through a single fibre than ever before. The spatial dimension has, however, remained untapped in single fibres, despite it being possible to manufacture fibres supporting hundreds of spatial modes or containing multiple cores, which could be exploited as parallel channels for independent signals.The use of multiple parallel optical paths in the form of space division multiplexing/spatial division multiplexing (SDM) is seen as the way forward. SDM is implemented through the use of Multiple Fiber arrays, Multicore Fibers (MCF), Multimode Fibers (MMF) and Few Mode Fibers (FMF) to increase the available bandwidth.

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hellow Dhiman Kakati,
      I think that in latest version of optisystem i.e. 14th , we could not design Space division Multiplexing as it is a channel access method based on creating parallel spatial pipes. It is mostly used for MIMO Systems, Smart antenna and 5G.
      I don’t think it has any application in optical fiber communication.
      It is used in combination with TDM, FDM and CDM.

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,
      I think at present we can implement SDM in Optisystem.
      Although the use of multiple parallel optical paths in the form of space division multiplexing/spatial division multiplexing (SDM) is seen as the way forward. SDM is implemented through the use of Multiple Fiber arrays, Multicore Fibers (MCF), Multimode Fibers (MMF) and Few Mode Fibers (FMF) to increase the available bandwidth.Parallel data transmission through spatial multiplexing also has significant applications in short range communication, where the component simplicity and reduced cabling costs associated with SDM can offer significant advantages in data-centre interconnects.

thanks,

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Rajguru,
      Please suggest some paper implementing MDM using OptiSystem.How can I use multiple fiber arrays?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.