Home Forums GENERAL synchronous heterodyne receivers

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

I want to implement synchronous heterodyne receiver in optisystem. how it is possible to implement phase-locked loop with APD and amplifiers? please Help!

here is the block diagram of receiver. I want to implement it in optisystem. please help!

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Zubair,
      As far as your query is concerned, it has been already mentioned in one of the threads by Damian. I would be sharing the link. I hope this will help you and I believe this might give you an idea about how to implement a feedback system in optisystem.
      Try going through this link.

Feedback and Individual Samples [Optical System]

Regards

Hi.
      As already mentioned by Mr.Aabid that this has been already discussed on the forum before, I want to add that It has been rightly mentioned that in OptiSystem a signal is generally expressed as a sampled signal, which is passed to a component in one chunk. To perform time domain calculations, like feedback, the sampled signal must be converted to individual samples, which consist only of a single signal value and its corresponding position in time. This allows OptiSystem to propagate the samples through different components at different times. The attached project file Electric_Phase_Locked_Loop.osd is an example of an electrical feedback system.
      You can follow the tutorial on this example at:

Electrical PLL

I hope this will be helpful to you.
      Thanks
      Regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello Hamza Ali Abbas,
        Thank you for providing the example . This will be largely helpful to Muhammad Zubair as far as his requirement is concerned.
        Regards

Respected Friends
      thanks for help. As same i have implemented in my receiver section but failed to demodulate the signal. i am attaching my work in optisystem. kindly check and point out the mistake(s) in my work.
      MAIN PURPOSE:
      demodulate signal by using PLL.
      1) system works correctly uptill Photodiode and AGC amplifiers. Ahead i am facing problem to demodulate signal by using phase locked loop (PLL).
      Highly thankful.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Muhammad Zubair,
      I don’t have access to the tool at the moment so I can’t view your .osd file right now.
      you using which visualiser after the photodiode to visualise the signal?
      Actually I am not aware about the functionality of phase locked loop in optisystem. What component are you exactly using for demodulation of the signal. I would be glad if you share this information.
      Regards

Hello Dear Aabid Bada!
      i am attaching snapshot of my work, please check this out,after photodiode and AGC amplifier i want to demodulate signal using PLL.

here is the paper i want to simulate.

Attachments:
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Muhammad Zubair,
      I am not able to infer the functionality of your design. In case of demodulation what are you using combiner for?

Hello Aabid Baba,
      what should i used instead of combiner? how to move forward? after AGC amplifier?

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Muhammad Zubair,
      The way you have used your components in the design I don’t think it forms a proper feedback loop. You better look at the example provided by Hamza Ali.
      If still you face a problem I suggest you to private message Damian. He would definitely help you in this regard.

Regards

okk thanks Aabid Baba!

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Muhammad Zubair,
      You are welcome anytime. I hope you problem gets resolved as soon as possible.
      All the best (y). Regards

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.