Home Forums KNOWLEDGE Feedback and Individual Samples [Optical System]

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Question:

I was trying to simulate the feedback methods in OptiSystem. I would like to know more about the Convert from Individual Signals and Convert to Individual Signals components and how individual sampled signals work.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Answer:

In OptiSystem a signal is generally expressed as a sampled signal, which is passed to a component in one chunk. To perform time domain calculations, like feedback, the sampled signal must be converted to individual samples, which consist only of a single signal value and its corresponding position in time. This allows OptiSystem to propagate the samples through different components at different times. The attached project file Electric_Phase_Locked_Loop.osd is an example of an electrical feedback system.

You can follow the tutorial on this example at:

https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-electrical-pll/

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

you are greedy. 1120 points. leave some for the rest
      hahahah

I was kidding

tess
      Participant

Hi
      What about optical fibers ?
      Do they support individual samples ?
      I have some problems simulating optical fiber in a feedback loop
      The fiber doesn’t have any effect on individual samples

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Tess,

Unfortunately the optical fiber models do not support individual samples. Perhaps if you create a new topic and describe the system you would like to model with an article or diagram, I can help you find a way to simulate it.

Regards

Raja masud
      Participant

Hi Damian Marek,

I have 3 confusion with feedback loop, which i have upload in this link https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/plz-help-me-to-solve-3-questions/. plz help me to clear my 3 confusion.

Thanking you

Raja

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

thanks to you for very important information & point
      Sir I design a predistorter using one feedback system as same above you mentioned. I want integrated with radio over link is it possible > I attached the layout of predistorter.
      Please check it

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.