Home Forums GENERAL holey fibers

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all ,
      i need to know whether we can implement holey fibers (or photonic crystal fibers )in optisystem 14., using any code in matlab or c++.
      responses will be appreciated

with regards

prakash jat
      Participant

hollow fiber or holey fiber

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

holey fiber??(photonic crytal fibers)

prakash jat
      Participant

definately you can implement it in optisystem but how do you get matlab code of holey fiber and writing with respect to optissytem?
      if we can design it in Opti FDTD or opti BPM and then exporting this design to optisytem then it would be simple task

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi prakash ,
      can you attach some link in optiwave for the same, because i am unable to find out the holey fiber article in both bpm oropti FTDT.

still thanks for your reply

with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi prakash,
      more over i could not find any link how opti ftdt can be be co simulated with the optisystem, which you have reffered of.please attach the link for the same,
      with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

i have only found photonic crytal application in OPTiFTDT.but not photonic crytal fibersor holey fibers iam attaching link;

Home

with reagards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aasif,

Since your question is general about the possibility of holey fibers being implemented using Matlab and used in the cosimualtion, I can assure this could be possible. However, it is highly probable that writing the codes in an efficient way would take an extensive amount of time. And your first concern should be about the Matlab codes (regardless of co-simulation).

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant
      prakash jat
      Participant

hi alistu

can we co-simulate otisytem with opti FDTD?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Prakash,

I haven’t managed so far to find any notes from Optiwave confirming the co-simulation between the two can be done. Besides, in Optiwave software tools in OptiSystem libraries, all Optiwave components that can be used for co-simulation with OptiSystem are there, except for OptiFDTD. So I believe it to be unlikely even though I cannot say it with certainty.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      thanks all for the reply
      it would extreamelly difficult to writ a code for holey or photoic crytal fibers in matlab or C++. but FDTD co simulation with optisystem can work it will reduce our effort and will provide better pictorial diagram for section of holey fibers in optifdtd.

with regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Aasif,

My reply was a direct answer to your main question in the post, where no mention of OptiFDTD has been made, and it is only about possibility of implementing it with Matlab or C++. BTW, since there is a query about the possibility of Optisystem and OptiFDTD co-simulation, can you please provide a link that shows actually their co-simulation is possible? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

hi aasif
      have try opti mode solver?
      it may be one solution

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi prakesh jat,

please explain your suggestion and provide some link or document , so that i could understand it
      with regards.

prakash jat
      Participant

i am attaching a FDTD FILE IF YOU INTERFACE IT WITH OPTISYSTEM THEN PLEASE TELL ME

Attachments:
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hiprakash jat
      i appreciate for you efforts,

how ever i want know how could i simulate this file in optisystem there is nooo ftdt co simulation guide on optisystem site,
      do you have cosimulated the opti fdtd in optisystem???

with regards

+1
      prakash jat
      Participant

download optiFDTD AND RUN

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi alistu,

i said that if the co simulation of FTDT and optisysmtem would work ,it would be better

thanks for your reply

with regards

alistu
        Participant

I see… I tried to provide answer to your question regarding Matlab. For as far as I am concerned, the co-simulation of OptiSystem and OptiFDTD cannot be done. I have been searching to see if such a thing is possible, but I believe Matlab seems to be the only remaining way fro this purpose.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

i think there is no co-simulation of opti fdtd with optisystem

alistu
      Participant

I can think of one rather complex way to do the co-simulation Aasif, and it would work only if co-simulation of OptiFDTD and Matlab is possible. You can use Matlab component in your design, and in the corresponding Matlab program you can call OptiFDTD to do the calculations and give the results back to Matlab. This way, results can be used in OptiSystem using two interfaces.

The above method only works if Matlab-OptiFDTD cosimulation is possible. However, I thought it was worth mentioning as it may work.

Regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Aasif,
      As A photonic crystal fiber which is also called holey fiber, hole-assisted fiber, microstructure fiber, or microstructured fiber is an optical fiber which obtains its waveguide properties not from a spatially varying glass composition but from an arrangement of very tiny and closely spaced air holes which go through the whole length of fiber. The creation of holey fibers (HFs), i.e. fibers with a cladding
      having the form of a two-dimensional (often periodic) array
      of closely packed glass capillaries drawn at a high temperature,
      is one of the most significant achievements in optical
      technology within the last five years.
      I think we couldn’t design holey fibers in optisystem

Thanks,

+4
      mohamed diaa
      Participant

hi aasif
      did you find any matlab code to implement hollow core fiber?

mohamed diaa
      Participant

hollow core fiber is kind of 2d photonic crystal and in the photonic crystals book by springer there are matlab codes that define 2d structure and also dispersion, try it and you can find what you need

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.