Home Forums FDTD Photonic Crystal Fiber Simulation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bijan goudarzi
      Participant

I go step-by-step the Chapter-17th of tutorial pdf file(attached below) to design a PCF with the same parameters in optiFDTD, but finally the resault is not the same (can not find any mode). What is the problem?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Please attach your FDTD designer file.

Bijan goudarzi
      Participant

Dear Marek,
      Here is my layout.

Attachments:
      Bijan goudarzi
      Participant

and its Refractive index distribution

Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Hi, you refer to OptiFDTD version 8.0 which was released in 2009.

The tutorials available online and in our current products have been updated. Please use a more recent version of the software, for example our free 32-bit OptiFDTD:

Free FDTD Download

Bijan goudarzi
      Participant

Dear Duval,
      As you said I used newer version of optiFDTD, for example free 32-bit or free 30-days v12.00 optiFDTD.All is ok by designing PCF structure and exporting refractive index exporting, but the problem is when I go to Mode analysis! There is no mode-solver tools with them. By the optiFDTD 8.0, there is a 3D mode solver (as tutorial refered) and I load my refractive index distribution file there, but there is not such a tool with optiFDTD-32 or v.12! may you guide me?

Damian Marek
        Participant

The 3D Mode Solver was expanded and made into its own application now called OptiMode. You should be able to find the OptiMode designer in your OptiFDTD installation folder.

Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.