Home Forums SYSTEM co-ofdm

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Kübra Kayır
      Participant

hello there
      I am working co-ofdm for thesis.I used 4-QAM but I want to change 16-QAM.I tried but it did not work.how can I do it?please help me.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello kubra
      you can use 4 bit per symbol to make 16 Qam ,but your constellation may not appear correctly due to noise.You can see the optiwave examples for reference as they have given many examples on this topic.I have given a link ,check this

Coherent Optical OFDM

Moreover in new system DSP component added to compensate the non linear effects and dispersion effects .These components very much effective to get the constellation at visualizer.

Kübra Kayır
        Participant

Hi Sam Sung
        Thanks for reply.it would be helpful.now my other problem is I want to add Eye Diagram but I did not.can you help me about it?
        Best

alistu
      Participant

Hi Kubra
      Could you tell me the version of Optisystem you are currently using? There appears to be a bug in CO-OFDM sample and particularly in OFDM blocks in Optisystem versions older than version 13. You may want to take a look at this:

OPTISYSTEM OFDM Example

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Kubra,

The general idea according to your question is given by Sam Sung (his link gives you a general idea about the specific of QAM). Please, take a look at the links provided by Optiwave, i.e. https://optiwave.com/resources/latest-news/new-version-optisystem-12-2/ and etc. Your question has been discussed during past forums as well. The links for them are provided below:

BER cannot measured for 16-QAM-OFDM direct detection

16 QAM/ 64 QAM for long distance

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

Hi Kubra
      Firstly you under stand the parameter of OFDM modulator then very it for 16 QAM and high order of modulation scheme. Used same filter and amplifier at receiving side to improve the results

Ashu verma
      Participant

Thank you Ravil for supporting my point,please correct me, if anywhere need to be corrected. As you are senior member of this forum 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.