Home Forums SYSTEM OPTISYSTEM OFDM Example

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Dear all,

I am working on the OPTISYSTEM OFDM Example (Coherent Detection WDM Optical OFDM System), I find the following point:

1- When changing the length of fiber from 60 km to another length even at 0 km the system stop working in term of BER and constellation diagram.

2- When I am trying to connect the receiver of the third channel the system also stop working.

3- when I am trying to use 2-port WDM MUX the system stop working.

Please can you explain me the reasons behind this changing.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Jaffar,

Could you let me know what version of OptiSystem you are using? 12?

Thanks

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Hi Damian

Yes, I am using optisystem 12

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Jaffar,

I conferred with our OptiSystem team on this question and it appears that there is a bug with the file that we are investigating. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Thanx Damian for answer, do I stop the working in this example till the bug will be fixed?
      Regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

I talked with the OptiSystem team again and got a few updates!

You can keep working with the OFDM sample if you desire, the component should function fine but it isn’t the easiest one to use. The parameters are picky, in your case I think the change in fiber length is changing the delay of the signal, which is one of the parameters you need to edit.

Regardless of what you choose we are going to be releasing a minor update 13.0.2 (which includes bug fixes and better OFDM support) in approximately a month from now. Hopefully this will fix the issues you are experiencing! I believe you are using an evaluation license, so once the fix is released you can email me at damian.marek@optiwave.com and I can help extend your license for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Thank you Damian for your continuous support. I am using this example in more complicated system including radio-over-system and this requires changing many parameters such as number of channels, lunched power, fiber length and bit rate.
      So I should use another OFDM system.
      Regards

GURINDER SINGH
      Participant

i am also working on wdm coherent ofdm….i am attaching my file…plz check it out if it is correct?

Attachments:
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hello Jaffar ,i am agree with damian.But if you work on fiber length you can increase it in ofdm system,i have achieved 4000km long reach distance in the same system as you mentioned .In case of 3rd WDM receiver main cause is of delay as Damian said.you can this delay from OFDM demodulator,as value in first channel ofdm demodulator is 0ns and 0.39ns in second channel.You will get constellation by adjusting delay .

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.