Home Forums SYSTEM Bidirectional OFDM

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Fady
      Participant

I am wondering if anyone has designed a bidirectional OFDM system with a bidirectional fiber? Could you please post an example of your work here? Thank you!

HELLO FADY..
      I am sharing with you an example of bidirectional system which is a simulation of BPON using a bidirectional fiber… I had also found it on the forum only..
      If your problem id related to bidirectionality then refer to the optisystem tutorial which is available on the website and visit lesson four of the tutorial.. That would definitely help you in getting your problem.. I hope it will help you.

Thanks & regards

Attachments:
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi fady
      In order to realize bidirectional ofdm system first you need to make a system using bidirectional fiber by placing ofdm transmitter and receiver on both sides .However working of bidirectional fiber in bidirectional system is little tricky ,you need to add null signals for upstream tx signals.Here are some examples of bidirectinal fiber and working

Lesson 5: Bidirectional Simulation — Working with Multiple Iterations

Use of BD in Bpon is given in this link

Broadband Optical System Based on a Passive Optical Network (BPON)

Try designing system by taking one Tx and Rx on both sides and if it works try to increase them.Let us know if our information helps and share your base paper or reference content you wish to reproduce for better information.

you query is related to issue, which has been already in discussion in past…

Bidirectional OFDM system

Bidirectional WDM OFDM PON

even ne was post by you also

i also appreciat fayiqa for uploading .osd file
      with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Fady,
      I guess your problem has more to do with bidirectional fiber itself.Besides the typical global simulation parameters of OptiSystem, such as Bit rate, Samples per bit and Sequence length, there are two additional parameters that are very important when designing bidirectional systems or systems with closed loops, such as ring networks. I suggest you to have a look at this link and go through it. It would definitely help you.

Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Fady,

As mentioned by aasif bashir in order to realize bidirectional ofdm system you need to make a system using bidirectional fiber by placing ofdm transmitter and receiver on both sides.. Also consider the link posted by asif.. It will surely be of help…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi fady…
      i think your problem is related to bidirectionality for which you have to use some delay elements for the working of bidirectional fibers on optiwave in your design which are only for simulation purposes and have no practical significance.
      you should refer lesson 5 as the bidirectional topic is discussed in it thoroughly. i hope you will clear your doubts from his lesson.
      Also attaching a link for bidirectional-optical-fiber in whcih delay aspect is discussed…..

Bidirectional optical fiber

with regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

you can also use an optical circulator that can be used to separate optical signals that travel in opposite directions in an optical fiber, analogous to the operation of an electronic circulator. So circulators can be used to achieve bi-directional transmission over a single fiber.
      For your reference i am attaching a link in which circulator was discussed by me and few other mentors.Hope you will get some help from this.

Circulator

with regards

Fady
      Participant

Thanks all for your comments. I have already done many bidirectional simulations with different modulation formats. However I have a problem ONLY with Bidirectional OFDM systems! So please I am looking only for OFDM systems examples only.

Hi fady

You can search for the existing examples of OFDM systems.. You can straight away download the examples of optisystem of whatever version you have and search for the example of OFDM system and them use the bidirectional fiber as suggested in the above posts.. That would help you design your system ..

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Fady,

Burhan has mentioned it righly that you also have an option of search for the existing examples of OFDM systems in the optisystem itself.. You can download the examples of optisystem… It will surely be of help..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Fady
      Participant

Thanks again for your comments!

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Fady,

You are welcome and hope your query has been resolved… Cheers

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Fady
      Participant

I think there is a problem with the simulation of bidirectional OFDM systems!

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Fady,
      I am here uploading the osd file of Bidirectional OFDM WDM PON.
      In this design we have combination wdm and pon using OFDM modulation format.
      Hope this prove helpful for you.

Fady
      Participant

Thanks Ranjeet for the file. I have checked it but the constellation diagram results are not good?

varinder singh
      Participant

hi fady
      In order to realize bidirectional ofdm system first you need to make a system using bidirectional fiber by placing ofdm transmitter and receiver on both sides .However working of bidirectional fiber in bidirectional system is little tricky ,you need to add null signals for upstream tx signals.Here are some examples of bidirectinal fiber and working

Try designing system by taking one Tx and Rx on both sides and if it works try to increase them.Let us know if our information helps and share your base paper or reference content you wish to reproduce for better information.

even ne was post by you also

i also appreciat fayi

Ubaid Bhat
      Participant

hi fady..
      as far as i got your query there is a problem related to bidirectionality. You should try to use some delay elements in your design .i hope you will get your results by the use of delay elements.
      Other forum masters have also given good suggestions.you should also try those.
      hope your problem gets solved
      with regards

Fady
      Participant

Thanks Ubaid for your comments

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

hi fady

Fady
      Participant

I think this forum needs moderation from the optiwave team. People just copying and pasting other people answers? I think in the sake of the amazon points!!!!!!!!!

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Fady,
      I am uploading osd file of bidirectional WDM-OFDM PON networks,
      This will help you to design various OFDM PON networks.
      I am also uploading osd file of unidirectional WDM-OFDM PON networks of 4 user.
      I have used OS12 ofdm modulator in the design.
      OS12 doesnot have pilot and training ports.

Hope this will help you.
      Regards,
      Rajguru

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Fady,
      Due to bad internet connectivity, I am unable to uopload the osd file of above mentioned design.
      I will upload the mentioned file whwn icould.

Thanks and regards,
      Rajguru

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome Atul.Thats what forum is for.
      Cheers!

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.