Home Forums SYSTEM Bidirectional OFDM system

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Hi All,

Can Anyone suggest me how to proceed with the design of bidirectional OFDM system using Optiwave

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhananjay,

If you are trying to simulate a passive optical network, you’d better pick the system you wish to simulate from the papers and then try to simulate that. If you want to implement an OFDM system with both OFDM transmitter and receiver on either side of the fiber, you can use a bidirectional fiber and choose the frequencies so that the uplink and downlonk wouldn’t interfere. I can help more if you give more specific information about it.

Regards

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi Dhanajay
      In order to realize bidirectional ofdm system first you need to make a system using bidirectional fiber by placing ofdm transmitter and receiver on both sides .However working of bidirectional fiber in bidirectional system is little tricky ,you need to add null signals for upstream tx signals.Here are some examples of bidirectinal fiber and working

Lesson 5: Bidirectional Simulation — Working with Multiple Iterations

Use of BD in Bpon is given in this link

Broadband Optical System Based on a Passive Optical Network (BPON)

Try designing system by taking one Tx and Rx on both sides and if it works try to increase them.Let us know if our information helps and share your base paper or reference content you wish to reproduce for better information.
      Regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Thanks Alitsu and Sam,

I will try to design the system as per the suggestions and get back.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome dhananjay,yes sure you can share with all forum members if you need any help further and please let us know if the information given by us is helpful.Best of luck for you research work

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Can anyone tell me for designing a bidirectional optical system, do i need to use a single mode fiber or bidirectional fiber available in the component library.

alistu
        Participant

It depends on how you want to make the design. If you do want to use the same fiber for both upstream and downstream, you have to use the bidirectional fiber you mentioned. Otherwise, you can go with the SMF. I have seen both designs in the papers regarding passive optical networks.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Also in the above examples what Sam has given, I am not able to understand the concept of optical delay. Can anyone provide some information in order to understand its significance of optical delay in the process

alistu
        Participant

In the optical systems, the upstream and downstream signals are passing through the bidirectional fiber simultaneously, but in the OptiSystem it is not possible doe to some issues related to programming and so on. So the optical delay component helps with this, to make it as if both signals are entering the fiber simultaneously.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

I would like to inform that, when I am trying to execute the design of bidirectional system, its taking lot of time in execution. (More than 40 mins) and after that the system hangs (not responding).

Does it usually takes lot of time when executing with bidirectional fiber?

alistu
        Participant

Can you please upload your osd file here so I would be able to check? Or if it is one of the OptiSystem samples, please address it (please state any changes you may have made to the sample file). Since the system hangs after some time, I am guessing there might be a problem with the implementation.

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Hello All,

I am still not able to figure out why we need to connect the delay components with the bidiectional fiber. I am using the same design from the samples Radio over Fiber SCM ASK.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhananjay,

If my explanation in the post #26641 in this topic was not helpful to you, perhaps the explanation for the same issue that I have addressed below would help:

optical delay

Regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Hi Alitsu,

I understood the need of delay component. Now my question is how to or what value of delay component should be used for the design. How to choose the value of delay in the delay component block of optisystem?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.