Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Khadija Omran
      Participant

hi, how can calculate BER in system?

Tanveer
      Participant

Hello Khadija Omran…
      BER has been throughly in one of the prevoius posts in the forum…here is the link attached…

BER analyzer

For more information on BER analysis kindly refer

BER Calculation Using the BER Test Set

How to plot BER versus OSNR

hope it helps to a great extend….
      with regards
      tanveer

+1
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Khadija Omran…

Kindly refer to the links posted by tanveer… This topic has been previously discussed in the forum… Also i again appreciate the efforts of Tanveer.. Thanks for the information

Regards

Sahil Singh

+6
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hello Khadija Omran,
      Actually, we calculate Minimum BER in optisystem using BER Analyzer which is found in electrical part of visualizer component library.
      It is easy to find to Min. BER and Q-factor.
      Here i upload an osd file
      When you will double click on BER analyser, you will get value of Min. BER, Q-factor. You can get structure of eye diagram by just get tick on Show eye diagram tab in BER analyser window.

+1
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

Very nicely explained… Highly appreciate your efforts…

Thanks and Regards

Sahil Singh

+1
      Khadija Omran
      Participant

thank 🙂
      I applied all of this but did not show BER
      my system in this link
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9H50S0Lc2YPYm1EQ0lJV2Jiajg

Is it a way to link the BER Analyzer correct?
      why did not show !!

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hello Khadija Omran,
      I think i am right and i have attached the BER analyzer in right sense and i have got the results in BER analyzer.
      I am uploading the jpeg image of screenshot of the results.
      Please see the results of BER analyser.

Attachments:
        Khadija Omran
        Participant

this result from my system??
        how can get it??!!

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you Sahil Singh
      For Your appreciation and regards for me. I will try my level best to get such appreciation.
      I will try to help by designing some remarkable and appreciable design with efficiency and accuracy.

MHD NA
      Participant

we calculate Minimum BER in optisystem using BER Analyzer which is found in electrical part of visualizer component library.
      It is easy to find to Min. BER and Q-factor.When you will double click on BER analyser, you will get value of Min. BER, Q-factor. You can get structure of eye diagram by just get tick on Show eye diagram tab in BER analyser window.

Tanveer
      Participant

hello
      very well explained by Raanjit and MHD NA….complete step by step procedure is provided by them…
      hope you have got the problem solved now…
      with regards

+3
      Khadija Omran
      Participant

Thank you
      Did not show any result .. Only Eye diagram but the min BER and Q factor zero

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello khadija,
      As rightly suggested by everyone how to visualize the results like in bit error rate ( BER ) and quality factor. Now the problem being that you are not able to get anything on the visualizer for BER and quality factor , well i suggest you to kindly upload the .osd file of your system design so that someone could help you.
      Regards

+3
      Khadija Omran
      Participant

.osd file grater than 20 MB Maximum file size allowed

Khadija Omran
      Participant
        Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello khadija,
        Thanks for sharing the link but unfortunately it is some drop box and it needs to go for registration which is not convenient. It would have been more convenient if you would have been able to upload the .osd file here only. But i see your file is 24 MB file and you can’t exceed the file size. I suggest you to copy your all blocks and design a new file which could be smaller in size.
        Regards

+4

Hello khadija omran

As far as i know .osd file can never be that big. And sorry i am having problems opening whatever you have uploaded.

Regards

Burhan

+11
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello khadija,

Thanks for sharing the link…. It would be been more convenient if upload the .osd file so that everybody can analyse it so as to help you solve your problem… Try uploading it…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Khadija Omran
      Participant

this my .osd file attached , i want to calculate the BER value .. in the BER Analyzer can show only the Eye diagram but the Q-factor and min. BER zero as shown in the image below attached.
      and want to calculate the OSNR

thank you very much

HI KHADIJA..
      As suggested by few people you should try to upload your osd file…it is more convenient that way as already mentioned…The error could be because of various parameters and some errors for that matter…Try uploading the osd file…the problem u are solving will be solved if u are possible to upload ur file successfully…
      Thanks and regards

+3
      Khadija Omran
      Participant

this my system

HI KHADIJA..
      Okay thanks for sharing your osd file.. right now i can’t access the tool sorry for that..shall try checking your system after few hours..hopefully to the extent i know this tool , i will try to set it right and hopefully provide you with a solution..Be patient..
      Thanks & regards

+3
      Khadija Omran
      Participant

thank you FAYIQA

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Khadiga Omran,

Thanks for sharing your .osd file… Will try to have a look as soon as possible…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Khadija Omran

such results like Q.F =0 and Min. BER =1, this is always a very plain case of either your signal is not reaching the receiver; or that your system parameters are not getting supported by the system. Eg.your system design supports a maximum bit rate of 5Gbps and you are trying to simulate at the bit rate of say, 10 or 20 Gbps, so the results which you are getting can be easily expected.

You can connect visualisers at various points of your system to check the signal in its traversal path. In case the connection is okay, the there is definitely something wrong with the parameters you have taken.

Regards
      Naazira.

+2
      jyoti raina
      Spectator

hi all here
      can u people plz tell me how can i make my results better..i am designing a simple four channel WDM system at 10 Gbps..my fiber lenght is 150km and transmitter power i hv taken as 10dBm..i get good quality factor around 25 bt BER is very high..
      it s abt 0.345 e-012..i hv to get it close to 1.
      Plz can u people tel me hw i reduce it..i wil grateful

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you Tanveer for your conscent and appreciation.
      I will try my best to do some good works.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.