Home Forums SYSTEM BER analyzer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Monika Mehra
      Participant

I download the file from optiwave site .I want to see the results using BER analyzer . I find the two methods to connect the BER analyzer but I am not getting the good results. I am attaching my files kindly check whether they are correct or not or how to improve the design

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

I also faced same kind of problem as you. then I find that we can use the BER test for calculating the bit error rate.you can go through the examples that are available in the C:\Documents\OptiSystem 13 Samples\Advanced modulation systems\PSK systems\QPSK\ folder there are many examples.

I have attached here a sample

Regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Monika,

You have connected the BER Analyzer correctly. You can use the DSP component to improve the system performance and have results in BER analyzer. I have used the component before threshold detectors in your own file and you can see the min.BER zero has been achieved. Please see the attached file.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Alistu the Q factor seems to be pretty good but eye diagram is not that clear.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhiman,

You’re right. The BER Analyzer does not show a clear eye-pattern, but the decision instant is at 0.9 bit period and it can be seen that the eye opening is very great around that time instant. So that is why in the BER calculations, a very good Q-factor and bit error rate have been achieved.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Alistu, I think,The Q-factor and BER is calculated mathematically and not from from the eye pattern.

Regards

alistu
          Participant

Please see the following pdf (which Heitor had formerly attached in another forum topic) regarding how the Q-factor is calculated and how it is related to the eye pattern characteristics. There is an image on page 3 on the file that demonstrates it along with the formulas used in the context which might be of interest more specifically.

Regards

Attachments:
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks Alistu..

Regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.