Home Forums SYSTEM Why Matlab Binary Switch is not working?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Raja masud
      Participant

Hi, everyone

I have seen this video “Matlab Binary Switch” in optisystem video tutorial, and i tried to make it in optisystem-7. But it did not work as the video says. What is wrong in my simulation , PLZ someone tell me.

I have uploaded the matlab file which is written in the vedio, and a osd file.

Raja masud
      Participant
      Raja masud
      Participant

guys help me to solve this problem

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Raja Masud,
      Please download the latest version of OptiSystem which can be evaluated for a month and is fully functional. You can download it from this site. If you still find problem then please let this forum know.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

I need to mention here that I am also not getting the output of the design file that raja has attached. I am using the latest version of optisystem.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Raja, I also would suggest you to download the evaluation version of optisystem 13 as Gkul has mentioned.

Regards

Raja masud
      Participant

Thank u guys, for your replay,

I have download latest version of the Optisystem-13, but the fact is There may be a problem in the matlab code, and i think that is why it is not working, but i did not find the problem yet, so asked for help of forum. But still it is very disappointing that i did not find, what i am seeking.

Anyway, Switch of optisystem-13 is not working properly, and my evaluation period is almost finish.

Thanks you again.

Masud

Damian Marek
        Participant

It appears you were missing two apostrophes in the patterning section.

seqMatched=repmat(InputPort2.Sequence’,1,samplesPerBit)’;

Notice the two apostrophes present here which take the transpose and are essential!

Raja masud
          Participant

Ah now it’s working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Thank you Damian Marek.

Actually those mark are tiny, that is why i missed them to put in the m file.

And Thanks All you guys for your cooperation.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Please try these attachments. If you still find any problem please do inform.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Dear Gokul,
      There is no attached file found, Please upload again. It happens many a times so don’t worry. Thanking you.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Sorry, but I attached those files. I don’t know what happened. Here I attach again.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

This is really frustrating, We attach the files but the upload file is not found, It is a kind request to the optiwave forum executives that there is something going wrong. please go through the issue and needed to be resolved soon. Thanks.

regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

I have seen this issue from other posters a lot, but like Alistu said I don’t think the file attaching has ever not worked for me. I understand the frustration but since we cannot reproduce the error it is very hard to fix!

Do you know if it happens only to some file types? It could be possible that the university network you are on blocks some file types for uploading/downloading. I would suggest that you both try attaching files from a different network as well and see if you get the same problem.

Note: I just saw that you both are part of the same university “North Eastern Hill University” which might point to the university network being an issue.

Regards

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Yes, may be there is some problem with the page. In this regard, the managers of this page must look into the matter. I will try once more to attach the file in this reply.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Please go through this link

MATLAB Optisystem Co-simulation

alistu
      Participant

I have attached a lot of files in the forums as you can see by checking many topics, but not a single time I have encountered any problem uploading it. I just once forgot to attach the file. It is interesting that you have had the same experience, different from mine. Maybe it has to do with internet speed in your country, is it possible?

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Alistu,
      I do not agree with you in this, because I am using my university LAN connection and it is quite fast, I dont know about the bandwidth, but get an average download speed of 4 Mbps and 2 Mbps upload speed practically. so I think internet problem is not the problem here in my case. i need to mention that the attachment not fails all the times but sometimes it does.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Much less than 2 Mbps is enough for this purpose, so you’re right…Here’s what I do: I sometimes first post my comment (without any attachments) and then immediately, I use the “Edit” option to attach the file. This way, the comment and the attached file are not sent instantaneously. This has been helpful to me.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

thanks Alistu for the suggestion. we can try that as you do still I would request website developer of optiwave to look into this.

Regards

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.