Home Forums GENERAL what is the secret ?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      feras
      Participant

really what is the secret in this program , i designed tow same simulation and i got tow different result < what is the reason?

Ravil
      Participant

Hello Feras,

If I understood you situation correctly, you designed two the same schemes on two different layouts. If, according to your question, you have two different sets of results, then the main reason can be the sequence generated and transmitted by PRBS in your schemes. You can check this by disabling random sequences from PRBS’s properties. You should be able to get the same results for both of your schemes after disabling.

+3
      Ravil
      Participant

By the way, I have just check my previous guess with my old version of OptiSystem. I have noticed that each single time (by default) the simulation runs a random value is used for noise and the bit sequence generator (PRBS). Hence, theses random settings should make the resulting BER vary from one run to another! However, if you start increasing bit sequence length the difference between simulations decreases and you receive similar results for all your runs.

I have the same issue, my colleagues told me one thing can influence is the performance of your computer I mean your ram or even your CPU, cause is because we are using beam propagation method. if you found a way to solve this matter please share, thanks.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hello Feras and MohammadMahdi Ariannejad
      the same has been discussed earlier. you can check for details:

Difference in results in different layouts

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

If I may add: this should not be surprising. If you run a very short (= short bit sequence) BER test in the lab, you usually end up with different BERs every time…

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello, I am agree with Ravil completly.Also Alessandro gave a good point,in general low bit sequence also cause this type of problem.Please visit the link given by abhishek as Damian gave good points to disable the random seed and other parameters to get same results every time from same system.

feras
      Participant

thank you all , i solved the problem by set the same prbs

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

You are welcome feras!

Ravil
        Participant

You are welcome, feras! And thank you for confirmation of my guess. Good luck with your work!

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Now that I also discovered this issue, I thinkthat it is better to disable by default the Random Seed noise…I remember in the past many simulations made at small steps of OSNR where the BER did not have a monotonic relation with OSNR and I wondered why!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.