Home Forums GENERAL TWDM-PON

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone

Which filter can be used to provide a good tuning capability in TWDM network ?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Fayiqa,

I do not usually provide links, but rather state the answer directly. But I really think the page addressed below is completely related to your question and commercially available components used for NG-PON2 are listed there. Please refer to “Tunable receivers” part:

http://www1.huawei.com/en/about-huawei/publications/communicate/hw-201329.htm

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      I had asked the same question some time ago on the same topic. you can refer to the topic started there

Tunable filter

I used fiber bragg grating as a tunable filter when working in optical domain but if you are working in electrical domain i think Fabry Perrot filter gives much better results.

Regards

Hello evryone 🙂

Thanks alistu for posting the link.Out of the Tunable filters and recievers mentioned..in optiwave we just have Fabry Perot filter and Mach-Zender interferometer that can be used as tunable filters.So this kind of limits my choice of choosing any other filter.

Thanks abid..Yes we can use fiber grating as a filter too..but grating finds more use for dispersion compensation as of now..Its use as a tunable filter is still limited.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

you are welcome.
      But fayiqa i would like to mention that fiber bragg grating does provide with better filtering. If you would have used it you would have seen that reflected wavelength stands separated exclusively from other wavelengths. If you want to make use of fiber bragg grating as tunable filter then you should use reflected signal as your output. I would like to attach a screenshot of my project wherein its shown how.

Attachments:

Hi Aabid

Yes FBG does show a good performance.But its fine as long as we are using it in optiwave.
      For practical purposes we might have to tune it using its temperature or pressure sensing property.

Thanks anyway for suggesting.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Fayiqa,
      I agree with the point you made. But For those characteristics to be in cooperated in your filter design , you can mend fiber bragg grating but the tool you require then is Optigrating instead of Optisystem.
      Regards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.