Home Forums SYSTEM Tunable filter

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

which filter is best to use as a tunable filter?? fabry parot or fiber bragg grating??
      in my system design i need a particular wavelength only so it should be precise enough..Thank you!

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aabid,

Please see the attached file which shows the output of a Fabry Perrot optical filter. As you can see, the input signal has been filters/transmitted with the constant wavelength distance. On the other hand, a fiber bragg grating filters/passes a specific frequency. You may consider this with regard to your aplication.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thank you so much alistu..!
      As far as fiber bragg grating is concerned, it does reflect a particular wavelength.. but it does also reflect other wavelengths also but with very low power level.. in case of fabry parot , i get one filtered with high power but other three are also present with power comparable to the one required..

best regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Aabid. Indeed fiber bragg grating filter does not act like an ideal sharp filter (it may change by design). And the frequencies that have been filtered by the fiber bragg grating are reflected and are available in the other output and therefore can even be used in some applications.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

pleasure!
      you know the fiber bragg grating in optiwave in one directional..say , if i want two wavelengths to be reflected for some application..it can be set to reflect only one wavelength..

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.