Home Forums SYSTEM soliton & hybrid amplifier

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      vikas arora
      Participant

hi all,
      m new here, i hava read many qus n replies here .. u guys are very helping n i think i too will get solution to my problems .
      i wanted to work on soliton but after reading some papers i came to know about its properties.. now m confused what kind of work i can do on soliton . previously dispersion compensation was in my mind.. any help plz..

HI VIKAS
      I would like to suggest you that first of all you should chose a topic you want to work on.
      As far as dispersion compensation is concerned it is a very good topic. You just have to find out or improvise existing methods to get better results than mentioned in papers you refer to. Optisystem 14 aids you very well in that regard…It has introduced DCFs , Fiber bragg gratings etc. I would suggest you to go with dispersion compensation.
      thanks and regards

Hi Vikas

Soliton is used to refer to any optical field that does not change during propagation because of a delicate balance between nonlinear and linear effects in the medium.Right ?
      Now if i correctly understand your query..Do you wish to design a system that achieves this balance between the linear and non-linear effects ?

Regards

vikas arora
      Participant

hi fayiqa,
      thnx for taking my problem into consideration.
      #1 if a achieve balance between linear and non linear effects then i m able to get ideal soliton or near to ideal ? (i dn’t know how to achieve that ), i don’t know much about soliton so >>
      #2 “dispersion compensation in hybrid amplifier” , in this can i use fbg , dcf n other compensation techniques for better results ??
      regards

Hello Vikas Arora

Hybrid optical Amplifier is also quite a good topic for your thesis i would attach few links to give u an insight of this part optical communications . Infact its been discussed in some other post also . I would attach the link below, hope u get the required help.

https://etrij.etri.re.kr/etrij/journal/getPublishedPaperFile.do?fileId=SPF-1041762620738

hybrid optical amplifier

http://www.ijsret.org/pdf/120903.pdf

Best Regards

Burhan

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Vikas,
      As Soliton based optical fiber communication systems are more suitable for long haul communication because of their very high information carrying capacity and repeater less transmission.Soliton pulses does not affected(by dispersion) after long distance communication.
      The fact that solitons are spatially localized and propagate with (little to) no deformation makes them the carriers of choice for modern optical communication, as they can be used to encode a bit in a small amount of space through the presence or absence of the pulse in a designated temporal window.
      We have a number of challenges still need to be overcome to arrive at spatially continuous, fine resolution, sensing and actuation, the time seems ripe for the investigation of advanced control techniques for active dispersion management related to Solitons.
      we could develop an L1 adaptive control scheme for the problem of active dispersion management for propagation of solitons along uncertain fibers.
      I want to share some links:
      Xargay, Langbort, and Hovakimyan, “L1 Adaptive Control for Optical Soliton Propagation,” in American Control Conference, San Francisco, CA, June-July 2011. [pdf]
      Xargay, Langbort, and Hovakimyan, “L1 Adaptive Control for Optical Soliton Propagation,” submitted to IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2011.

thanks,

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Vikas,
      I would suggest you to go for hybrid amplifier (raman and EDFA) for long haul DWDM system.
      As soliton is a new topic, as The existence of an optical soliton in
      fibers is made by deriving the evolution equation for the complex
      light wave envelope (or the slowly varying Fourier
      amplitude) by retaining the lowest order of the group dispersion
      (variation of the group velocity as a function of the light
      wave frequency) and the nonlinearity, which for a glass fiber
      is cubic and originates from the Kerr effect.

i also have very less interest in soliton transmission.

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hi Vikas

As ranjeet has mentioned rightly that soliton based optical fiber communication systems are more suitable for long haul communication because of their very high information carrying capacity and repeater less transmission.Soliton pulses does not affected(by dispersion) after long distance communication. It is true that the fact that solitons are spatially localized and propagate with (little to) no deformation makes them the carriers of choice for modern optical communication, as they can be used to encode a bit in a small amount of space through the presence or absence of the pulse in a designated temporal window.
      For dispersion compensation you can easily use fiber bragg grating. I will try to attach few links of some papers which have used fiber bragg grating for dispersion compensation.

Thanks

vikas arora
      Participant

i want help regarding that topic for my m.tech thesis.. (sry , i missed out this in my first post itself..)
      should i go for hybrid amplifiers as i m not having much confidence if i go for soliton. ?
      thanx in advance.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.