Home Forums SYSTEM SAC OCDMA

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      LALIT VERMA
      Participant

I wanted to know how to specify the freq to WDM system for slicing of an LED in sac ocdma

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Lalit
      LED has a broad spectral region over wavelengths.if you want to use specific wavelength then use FBG(fiber bragg grating) which will reflect the wavelength according to the spacing among the gratings and transmit the rest part.For better information please attach a paper you are working on or clear your objectives.I have given a some links for better understanding of SAC ocdma

Helping

SAC-OCDMA system

ocdma

Coherent SAE -OCDMA

Regards

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

Welcome the new Forum member Mr, Lalit Verma. Yes there are many example for WDM in you an use FBG multiplexer etc.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi! Lalit
      Samsung explained well about the use of FBG to get desired wavelength from the LED spectrum in order to realize the WDM system.I also want to add some point that set the frequency of FBG according to the wavelength you requires which directly relates to your coding scheme and how many different wavelength you are using.so please mention the coding scheme for better understanding of your topic .Moreover you can visit the links provided by Samsung from forum archives where discussion on similar topic has already been done.

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

The best explanations have been given to you by using FBG except you choose to use band pass filter which also allow you to specify the wavelength and the bandwidth you want to pass. However you would need to use either power splitter or fork splitter depending on if your want the power to be divided. One other way is to use WDM demux

LALIT VERMA
      Participant

Sir , LED if i wish to increase the optical spectrum of an LED from 5 nm to 30 nm the way to broden the span

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

On your “bias generator module attached to the “LED” module, double click it, go to simulation, change the sample rate from scipt to normal and change the value to 3.5. With that you should be able to get the bandwith of 30nm from the “led”. check the attached file, though I may not be able to explain the principle behind that.

Attachments:
        Alessandro Festa
        Participant

3.5THz are equivalent to 28nm bandwidth, this is way with that sample rate the LED bandwidth becomes about 30nm.

LALIT VERMA
      Participant

Thanks Sir

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.