Home Forums SYSTEM ocdma

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kübra Kayır
      Participant

Hi everybody
      I have problem about my thesis. I deleted wdm demux and I use power splitter instead of wdm demux in my thesis. And then it is worked better but I couldn’t understand why it worked. What is differences between WDM DeMUX and PoWER SPlitter.I would be glad if you can help me.
      Best

Attachments:
      Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello Kubra,As you mentioned that you have used power splitter instead of WDM DWMUX and getting good results,this is because you are getting mixed signal of number of signals you are using at transmitter side at different wavelength.
      WDM DEMUX is basically a de-multiplexer which give signal of specific wavelength to specific output port.If you are not using DEMUX then you will get signal which includes mixed frequencies.This will give error and noise at analyzer .So you have to use DEMUX to get specific signal.
      Power splitter is a passive optical device used to splitt signal into no. of signals.For more information you can visit this link
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber_optic_splitter

You have to use WDM demux to get the correct result rather than power splitter.

+2
      albaity
      Participant

Hi kubra , I need to Know

1- what is the type of optical code division multiple access ?
      2- BER in case power combiner and BER in case WDM?

FOr science, I work with power combiner then WDM , I notice there are different between power combiner and WDM in BER test but this difference is little

Ravil
        Participant

Hi albaity,

According to your second question, we are dealing with the BER in one spectral channel in case of using WDM systems. For systems with power splitters we have only one spectral channel. Hence, we are calculating BER at the line terminal of the receiver. The difference between these two data will depend on a particular design of your transmission system.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Kubra,

A very good explanation is given by Sam Sung. Please, read it carefully. From my side, I would like to add that the broadcast transmission is the only case when you an use a power splitter/combiners instead of MUX/DeMUX…

Kübra Kayır
      Participant

Hello Sam Sung,
      Thank you, for you to inform me.I want to thank you again been very helpful. You resolve questions in my head.I did another OCDMA with power splitter, power combiner. But the system is not very good.
      Best

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hello,

OCDMA should normally be executed with Power Splitters and Combiners. A power splitter will only effect the power of an input signal by dividing it by the number of output ports. WDM work differently by SELECTING signals centered at different wavelengths, basically acting as multiple bandpass filters.

In SAC-OCDMA, the signal selecting and unselecting (coding I guess is a better term!), is done by the Fiber Bragg gratings.

Kübra Kayır
      Participant

Hello Albaity,
      I’m sorry, I do not have enough information to inform you. But Ravil answer your second question, I hope that helped you.
      Best

Kübra Kayır
      Participant

Hello Ravil,
      Thank you.I don’t understand very well the difference between WDM with power frankly. I’m glad you say a more detailed way.
      Best

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi,Kubra…Point is if you are using a information signal of only single specific wavelength ,you can use power splitter instead of DEMUX.But if your transmitter transmit different data using different wavelengths(WDM), then for getting specific data from specific wavelength ,you have to use DEMUX.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.