Home Forums SYSTEM RSOA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

HELP ME TO IMPLEMENT RSOA..I DONT KNOW THE CONFIG OF ROSA ..PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME

Hello Sarath
      I have attached few osd files where you would find how Reflective SOA is implemented. I hope it would help to a large extent in understanding its implementation. Please find the attachments as i have attached the files herein. Hope it is helpful to you.
      Thanks and regards

+7

i could not open the files which have been uploaded by you. i am using optisystem 14

HELLO SARATH
      i myself use optisystem 14 and these are the sample files present in the optisystem 14 samples folder. There shouldn’t be any problem in opening these osd files..I don’t know why you are not able to open them. Please check again these should work fine as far as software is concerned.
      Thanks and regards

+3
      Naazira Badar
      Participant

HI..

Here I am posting a link to a post related to topic where in one of the Optisystem moderators Damian has discussed it.

Reflective Semiconductor Optical Amplifiers [Optical System]

I am sure it would help you because it is based on authentic data. In fact you can comment on this post so that Damian clears your further doubts, if any.
      All the best.

Regards.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

HELLO SARATH
      As mentioned correctly by Fayiqa these are the sample files present in the optisystem 14 samples folder.I am also using optisystem 14 and these files are working okay on my system… I really do not think there should be any problem in opening these osd files as far as optisystem 14 is concerned… Give it a try once again.. Hope it works this time…

Regards

Sahil Singh

+1
        Karan Ahuja
        Spectator

Hi Sarath.
        I want to mention that the component simulates a reflective semiconductor optical amplifier (RSOA) model with bulk material as the active element . This SOA model is based on the numerical solution of a set of coupled differential equations that describe the interaction between the carrier density and photon rates along the active layer length. The rate and propagation equations solved in this model are similar to the ones described in the Wideband Traveling Wave SOA technical background, however the value of the injection current here is considered as an input signal allowing the modulation of the optical signal by the SOA. This component also considers the possibility of sensing the differences in voltage produced at the bias electrode of the single-section SOA.
        You may refer to the link https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/reflective-semiconductor-optical-amplifiers-optical-system/

Thanks

+1
      Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi,

In Reflective EDFAs, a device (e.g. mirror, grating) is placed at the EDFA output end to reflect whether the pump or the signal (double-passing the pump or signal through the EDFA) produces a net gain enhancement.

In optisystem we have three basic configurations:
      EDFA with reflected pump only
      EDFA with reflected signal only
      EDFA with reflected pump and signal

The configuration presented here is with reflected signal only. The signal is reflected using a reflective filter.

Thanks,

+2
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.