Home Forums SYSTEM RoF wireless communication

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi all, I am designing a radio over fiber link for broadband mobile communication, I have found some of the examples in the examples folder regarding the fiber portion but not getting anything for the wireless part so can anyone tell me how to do this for the wireless portion, i.e. can I design this in optisystem V13, which block is there for wireless antenna and how to use it. I want some example. I am completely new into this field so If anyone has done on this radio wireless transmission please attach a sample here. I have seen many paper which is based on MATLAB simulation. I want to do it using optisystem. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Prarthana

alistu
      Participant

Hi Prarthana,

I also hope examples regarding wireless communications will be augmented in OptiSystem future versions. However, wireless examples cannot be found in radio over fiber section, as there is no fiber in such communication. And you’re right – There is no wireless antenna in OptiSystem, so you would probably have to use Matlab for co-simulation as discussed below:

Wireless link

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi Alistu, I am working on Radio over Fiber, and it is known to all of us that this RoF technique is more useful if we add some mobility in the case of user access, so if we go for designing a alternative wired-wireless portion as an integrated platform it will dominate the future generation mobile broadband communication, I have found many examples regarding fiber link design, but nothing in case of wireless portion in MATLAB as you have suggested, So if I get a reference code for the same i.e. MATLAB wireless design file it would be very much useful, i need to add that I want to go for no line of sight path and consider wireless fading channel.

Regards

+2
        alistu
        Participant

Since I am not familiar with the scheme you have been referring to, can you please introduce a paper related to it, so that I would better understand it and see if I can provide any further help with this? Thank you.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Hi Alistu,
      I have attached here the snapshot of such a design I mentioned in previous comments, can you please tell me how to implement the wireless portion.

Regards

alistu
        Participant

Hi Prarthana,

I cannot find any attachments here. Can you please also introduce a paper? Thank you.

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Hi Alistu, sorry for the mistake in attaching, you can find the attached image here, in the right side of the snapshot the wireless channel is there. so how to implement it. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

Hi I don’t know again the attachment failed. please find here.

Regards

Attachments:
          alistu
          Participant

Thank you for the snapshot. I would have been more grateful if you would have uploaded a paper, but I don’t think it is necessary now.
          (BTW, as I have suggested before in other topics, you can send the message without any attachments and then using edit option, attach the file to the same message if you like. This is what I do most of the times (especially when there are several attachments) to avoid attaching problems.)

Regards

Prarthana Kashyap
          Participant

thank you so much Alistu for the suggestion about the attachment of files. I have seen many complain from other members also in this forum, but still no improvement from the optiwave technical staff side. hope to get a better result next time.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi prarthana,
      first of all you must have a clear idea about about the fading channel which you are going to implement in MATLAB which is must more dependent on the distance of transmission (i.e. if you consider the mobile environment what should be the size of the cell) the go accordingly for the criteria such as if there is line of sight path or not or both may exist. my suggestion would be to implement in MATLAB first and then go for the respective modification for optisystem. Sorry to say that I do not have any kind of sample file for such a channel i will let you know when I will design for the same. RoF is one of my topic of work at present.

Regards

+1
      Prarthana Kashyap
      Participant

Dear Dhiman, Thank you so much for the reply, I will try to follow your suggestion and let you know my progress.

Regards

bhumika narang
      Participant

Hi , I am working on Radio over Fiber so if we go for designing a alternative wired-wireless portion as an integrated platform it will dominate the future generation mobile broadband communication, I have found many examples regarding fiber link design, but nothing in case of wireless portion in MATLAB, So if I get a reference code for the same i.e. MATLAB wireless design file it would be very much useful.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.