Home Forums SYSTEM Radio over Fiber System

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hermawan Widiyanto
      Participant

Hello, i’m using optisystem 14.0 version. Here something that i want to ask. I had read a paper in IEEE which one we can design a Radio over Fiber system using optisystem. In block diagram, there’s something i don’t understand. In which category of default library where i can found Radio signal component? i’m afraid if those component must be created in matlab. So, if you can tell me about what you got to making RoF system simulation by using matlab or not, i would be grateful. Thank you for attention.

p.s : here, i also attached the paper about the problem that i want to ask

Attachments:

HELLO HERMAWAN..

You can easily find components for the design of radio over fiber system in optisystem. I also hope examples regarding wireless communications will be augmented in OptiSystem future versions. However, wireless examples cannot be found in radio over fiber section, as there is no fiber in such communication. so you would probably have to use Matlab for co-simulation as discussed below:

Wireless link

Thanks & regards

Also refer to the following links where radio over fiber topic has been also discussed.. I hope it will be of immense help…

Radio over fiber

Radio over Fiber System

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Hermawan Widiyanto,
      I want to add one more thing that if your system has a wireless part that you need to goo for MATLAB simulation otherwise the complete WDM system (irrespective of Modulation format used) can be designed completely with optisystem, For more details please go through the example that are available in ” Optisystem 14.0 samples”,

and so far as you have asked about the radio signal component, You can use the sine generator that is readily available in the defaults components library. and use it for the radio signal generation. first of all apply the bit stream generated using PRBS generator to modulate the optical signal and the resultant optical wave modultae by sine wave (analog modulation). In this way you are going to generate the required signal for the design. You are free to ask for any further query.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi Dhiman,
        Very informative indeed.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
          Participant

Thank you Aabid Baba for the appreciation. Your answers added to this forum are also very much useful for all of us. I specially like your answers. Thanking you.

Regards,
          Dhiman

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello dhiman. Greetings.
        Thanks for such valuable information.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant
        Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi Ranjeet,
        I would like to tell you that we are not allowed to post links from outside be it any website. So i suggest you to refrain from it.
        Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet Kumar,

Infact it is very interesting to know that we can design Radio over fiber in optisystem software…. Also the links provided are very useful…

Thanks and regards

Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi alll,

i am attaching few links which may help..

Radio Over Fiber (RoF)

Radio over fiber

Radio over Fiber System

Wireless link

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Thanks Aasif for the links. Indeed very helpful.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Asif Bashir,

Thanks for providing the useful information… Your efforts are highly appreciated..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi Hermawan Widiyanto…
      indeed you can design Radio over Fiber(ROF) in optisystem and you can easily find components for the design of radio over fiber system in optisystem as said by fayiqa naqshbandi.
      You can go through the optical system tutorial in which it is explained.For your reference i am attaching the link of the same.

Radio Over Fiber (RoF)

Hope it helps.
      with regards.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Hermawan,
      I hope you got the required stuff for getting some idea. I suggest you to go through the posts they will surely help you.
      Regards

Hermawan Widiyanto
      Participant

thank you very much guys for your responses, it’s very helpful. Now i’m prefer to using sine generator as radio signal component, and it’s works properly

regards

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.