Home Forums GENERAL problem while installing optisystem 13

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

I downloaded optisystem 13 and installed it. but when I open i it says “could not obtain license – terminating application”. In license extension also , there is no key to be found.please help what is to be done?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Swapandeep,

Is it the first time you are installing Optisystem on your computer? If you have formerly used the 30-day trial and you are reinstalling it, you will not be able to use it (even if you reinstall your operating system). Otherwise, please contact Optiwave technical support at support@optiwave.com for help.

Regards

+1
      Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

Sir/Ma’am
      I have installed optisystem for the first time.
      while downloading for the first time,there was network error,so I downloaded it again. and while installing, it didnt finish installing,so i installed it once again. I have sent an email to technical support but received no reply.

alistu
        Participant

I think you will most probably receive a reply after the weekend holidays. If you have installed the software correctly, then every time you try to open the program you will be able to see how many days are left to your elavualtion expiry, is that right? I have attached a screenshot for more clarification.

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

there is no reply from technical support.whAT should I do?

Abhishek Shrama
        Participant

Hi SWAPANDEEP
        Could you please tell which version you have downloaded? I mean 32 bit version do not installed in 64 bit window version.So you need to be careful. Secondly i dont think there would be any issue if you download the setup form official evaluation in your profile.Sometimes could not obtain license appears for a while and by again opening the file you may able to open that.Thirdly if this setup do not works in your pc/laptop, try to install it in another one , if it shows same error than you may contact tech support or bryan.
        Thank you

alistu
        Participant

As I mentioned earlier, no reply from the technical support might be due to the weekend holidays there. I once faced the same problem and it was near weekend, too! So I did not have access to the technical support. I think that was due to the fact that I had changed my computer time (I am not sure about it, though). I corrected the time and after one day, it started working again! It was merely my experience. I hope you’ll get help from technical support by this evening.

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

and is there an encoder and decoder in optisystem 7? if not, it is in which version?

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi! SWAPANDEEP KAUR
      May i ask which encoder decoder you are looking for? Encoders generally referred in OCDMA systems for encoding the data and provie chips to input signals.If this is your query then you can find this example in SAC OCDMA where fbg used to make encoder and code used is hadamard coding.Check the links for better understanding

Optical Code-Division Multiple-Access System (OCDMA)

SAC-OCDMA system

SAC OCDMA

Go fo the first link for official SAC OCDMA example and then second for Detailed discussion of coding.

In case you want to incorporate matlab, you can do that so to implement OOC, prime codes etc.

+1
      Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

I have to make a simulation model of SAC/OCDMA based LOng Reach Passive OPtical Network using EDFA. It requires use of Encoders and Decoders. IN the papers theory , its mentioned they are fbg encoder decoders,while in the diagram, they are shown as simple encoder decoders.

Ashu verma
        Participant

Well Swapan,i think In above reply ,your question already answered .Attached link are good and you will get to know how encoder and decoder works.First read these forum topic and then go to optisystem samples for sac ocdma then modify it as your requirement.However you can use different variety of codes to make ocdma pon .in case of any further asistance ,just ask us and we will help you for sure

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Swapandeep,

Alistu is right, the support@optiwave.com email is the correct source for questions about licensing or technical issues. Currently I think our technical support team is helping you with your issues. Let me know if I can help.

Damian

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

I am attaching the research paper which I have to implement as my project. Kindly guide as to which encoder and decoders are to be used?

Attachments:
        Damian Marek
        Participant

Take a look at the application note:

OCDMA Network Design

And they relevant project file in the Access systems folder in the OptiSystem Samples folder on your computer.

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Thank you Damian for reply, link Damian has suggested is very good for the topic, give you information how encoder and decoder works.In below link one of the forum member also described the coding ,kindly check

SAC-OCDMA system

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

Thank you everyone. I am starting with my project and will ask for help as and when needed.

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

I am not getting how are we getting the coding like 101010 at the encoder?

alistu
        Participant

Hi Swapandeep,

I believe the explanation I have formerly made about SAC OCDMA with MD codes would help you understand how the codes are made and how the FBG wavelengths are chosen. Please read my comment below and take a look at the paper I have introduced if needed. If you had further questions about my reply, feel free to ask. Here’s the link:

Sac ocdma with MD code

And the name of the paper is “Development of a new code family based on SAC-OCDMA system with large cardinality for OCDMA network”.

Regards

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

Please explain each and every block of sac-ocdma

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Swapandeep Kaur;
      this problem appears when you reinstall the program after expiring the licence of the previous one, so you should renew it or wait for upper version of optisystem.

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

thank you sir but I have successfully installed optisystem 13

Swapandeep Kaur
      Participant

alistu thank you so much for the link but I did not get much. actually ,i am just a beginner and i am not getting why particular frequencies are chosen? how the fbgs are working as encoder and decoder? Please could you explain in simple language…I have to implement the attached paper, for that i am studying sac ocdma

Attachments:
      Jamal
      Participant

I have downloaded the setup of 30 days trial version of Optisystem13 64 bit for my Windows7 64 bit Operating System and installing it for the first time on this system.
      However, the installation process is taking unusually long time and stuck at the point as shown in the attached figure ( It’s already 3 hours since I started installing).
      I also emailed at support@optiwave.com but got no response yet.
      Please can anyone suggest any way out as I cannot cancel the installation and try again as I then will have problem re-installing due to its licence issue.

Regards

Jamal
      Participant

Problem Solved

ayushi vishwakarma
      Participant

even i’m unable to install optisystem and getting this error ==setup coudn’t find the previous version of optisystem

Bryan Tipper
      Participant

Please send installation issues to support@optiwave.com.

Thanks,
      Bryan

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.