Home Forums SYSTEM Power Combiner in optisystem 14

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Marvi grover
      Participant

Hello everyone

i checked the power combiner in optisystem 14. it neither gives the sum nor the mean of the inputs. rather it sums the inputs and multiplies this sum by the no. of inputs. for example. 4 inputs each with 10 watts power is given to 4*1 power combiner, the output power of this combiner is 40*4=160 W.

what is the logic behind this?? or do i need to change some parameter?

Can anybody guide me on this. i shall be grateful.

Regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Marvi,

I am not currently using the new OptiSystem version, but I think you can figure out what is going on by looking at the technical background explanations in the help section of the component, as the fact that the mean of the signal is calculated in OS13 component was mentioned in this part.

Regards

Philip Weetman
      Participant

Really? Could you show us a snip of what you are doing? Here is what I got for the optical power combiner. 4 inputs at 10W gave 40W output.

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Philip,

I would be grateful if you please also consider my question in the following forum page, which I posted a while ago and concerns OptiSystem 13 power combiners:

Power Reduction in Optical Combiner

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

Marvi grover
        Participant

Hi Philip, Thankyou so much. i’ll surely send u a snippet but right now i am not having access to optisystem 14. i’llsend it as soon as possible.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

hi,
      It is very simple , i have design 4 laser with power -5,5,5,5 in dbm and combined the output is 9.91(nearly 10)

Attachments:
        K. Esakki Muthu
        Participant

I gave -5,5,5,5 dBm input power at the 4 port combiner.. but the resultant is 8.078 dBm. why? any one please explain am using Optisystem 13

Thanks in advance

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi marvi grover,
      it was the problem of earlier versions of optisystem, but it is fixid now in current optisystem 14

with regards

Hi All

Aasif has put it rightly. It was a problem in previous versions of Optisystem But in the latest version of optisystem that is currently Optisystem 14, it does not exist. And Marvi Grover if u would provide the snip hope we could help u out with this to understand your problem.

Regards

Burhan

Marvi grover
        Participant

okk Burhan

thanx a lot for replying

regards
        Marvi

Sanjeev kumar
      Participant

You are advised to check the component properties and also check the input power properly.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I agree with both aasif and burhan that this was the problem of earlier versions of optisystem, but it is fixed now in current optisystem 14 software.. Hope it helps

Regards

Sahil Singh

Mahmudul Islam
      Participant

can anyone tell me how they got the BER result, i tried exactly what they did in this paper but min BER is always remains 1 for me.

Mahmudul Islam
      Participant

How the BER result comes for this paper, i got min BER of 1.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.