Home Forums SYSTEM Optisystem-MATLAB

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hi all, i want to design a partial system in optisystem and use this as one block in matlab simulink. can i do that if yes pls guide me to study material as well as design instructions

alistu
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,

If you wish to use simulink, perhaps one think you are going to need is to know how to make Matlab call optisystem. I suggest that you go through this answer given by Damian to a post about co-simulation of Matlab simulink and Optisystem and the material attached by Damian:

MATLAB Optisystem Co-simulation

Regards

+1
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

hi alistu i have already searched for this topic and gone through the three examples Damian has given but it is little help to me . can i not get a design example actually in which optisystem design is imported in matlab simulink.

Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hello Gaganpreet,
      There are many examples of such system. The simplest example is that of Binary switch. It is available on this site, even though I am attaching it. Also I am providing a link here for more advanced system. Please find 100 Gbps DP-QPSK System with DSP. https://optiwave.com/resources/downloads/optisystem-hot-topics/

I am also trying the same for implementing OFDM. If you got some idea about OFDM then please do share it. Thank you.

+2
      gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Hi Gokul ,thanks for guiding me to a very good resource link but i am unable to open any file . i have attached the error message which it gives, saying access denied. i did’nt understand what is the problem. i am using optisystem 7.o but i guess that should not be the problem for trying to open the file.

Attachments:
      Gokul Boro .
      Participant

Hi Gaganpreet,
      I have designed the system in Version 13 of Optisystem. That is the reason why you could not open the file. You will be able to open the file if you install the latest version i.e. version 13. You can use this version for free (for 1 month without license). Try it and I am sure the system will work. Thank you.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.