Home Forums SYSTEM Optical system – Wavength

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Sasha
      Participant

Hello all,

I am trying to get output for the optical system with wavelength from 300nm to 1550nm. I am getting output for 1200nm to 1550nm after that I am not getting an output for all other wavelengths. Here I attached the optical system file.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
      Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi Sasha
      I want to know that ,while changing the input wavelength have you changed the reference frequency of fiber? Since you are getting output in 1200 t0 1550 nm then it also works for other wavelengths. Regardless performance of the system may degrades at wavelength which lies other than C band.I dont have latest version so could not open your file ,however i will try to attach the screen shot of file i will try to make for all the wavelengths you stated above in your question.
      Regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Sasha,

In order to be able to simulate for 800nm, you need to change some configuration in the fiber. Please open your optical fiber properties and click on “Numerical” tab. Now you need to change “lower calculation limit” according to the wavelengths you wish to use. For example, you can change it to 500nm. And that’s it! I hope this is helpful.

Regards

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Sasha;
      The solution for your problem is changing parameters of optical fiber because they have been for virtual values. However, the desired wavelengths for optical systems are 850, 1310, 1550 nm

Regards

Sasha
      Participant

Hi all,

I changed the lower limit and the system works. Thank you all.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome!

Sasha
      Participant

Hi Alitsu,

I designed an optical system with MMF fiber with the source power = -3db, MMF attenuation = 0.2db/km, length = 135km. So total output power should be= -30db but I am getting output power = -33db. What should I do?

I attached my file here.
      Thanks in advance.

Sasha
      Participant

file

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Sasha,

Since you have posted it in the forum below, we will discuss the answer in that forum if I manage to find the reason for that.

Optical Fiber – Attenuation

Regards

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.