Home Forums GENERAL optical phase conjugator

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

i need optical phase phase conjugator for my design, how can desing that? there no componenent for it in optiwave?
      neither do i have matlab code for optical phase conjugator.

with regards

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Aasif..
      Well in that case, you can use the available components yourself to make a system (or subsystem of your main system) to achieve this functionality.

Regards.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi naazira,
      thanks for your reply,
      i have to implement optical phase conjugator my self in matlab . but i need the matlab code for the same.
      as optical phase conjugation is one of the dispersion compensation techniques, i want to compare performance of OPC with my dispersion compensation module.
      with regards

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hi asif,
        okay i can see you require it for dispersion compensation and you want to compare it with your dispersion module. For your information i have not seen a component as of now in optisystem.
        Please can you tell me what consists your dispersion module i mean the dispersion technique you want to compare it with ??
        regards

Hi Aasif

What i understand by optical phase conjugation is that it is a method of reversing the propagation direction and phase variation of light.
      I don’t think you will need to design this in matlab.U can simply use a non-linear process like a four wave mixing technique in optiwave itself to produce the conjugate signal.

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

Hi aasif…
      Optical Phase conjugation should give you the spectrum opposite to that of the input signal.So i think you can implement that in matlab by using the conjugate function conj().

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,
      i appreciate response from all,

but i am look for matlab code for OPC. i know all the basic theory of optical phase conjugation and its application in dispersion compensation.

still thank you all for your reply

with regard

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

For your reference i am attaching the link which you can refer for this topic in which it was discussed for avoiding cross phase modulation and stimulated Raman scattering in the fiber.

OPTICAL PHASE CONJUGATION

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi zulkarnain,

thank you soooo much
      the attached link also contains .osd file which has matlab code for optical phase conjugation(suggested by damian sir)

i appreciate your response.

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi All,
      Asif can you please explain for what exactly you require phase conjugator in your design ?
      As fayiqa mentioned phase conjugation is a method of reversing the propagation direction and phase variation of light , Is that what you require it for??

Regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

You are welcome @ Aasif

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid ,
      as i already mentioned that phase reversal at the mid span of the optical transmission link retrace the path of light rays in exactly the reverse order. this results results in the cancellation of dispersion effects in the first half and the second half of the optical link.this leads to dispersion compensation,
      this process is called optical,phase conjugation

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Asif,
      I was asking for the requirement to implement it in your design not the theoretical aspect. let me repeat my question , What exactly you need it for in your design ? May be there is a provision that the function you are implementing it for could be performed by other component in the Optisystem library. That may help you.

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,
      i think you are undertanding or/ reading previous comments or my post query.

i in my post clearly said that there is no component in optisystem for optical phase conjugation. if you have knowledge of any kind related to OPC component in optisystem. please share it here

your reply will be appreciated
      with regards

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.