Home Forums SYSTEM OPTICAL DELAY

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

I AM NOT GETTING OUTPUT IF I USE OPTICAL DELAY IN BIDIRECTIONAL FIBER. PLEASE HELP ME HOW TO USE IT…

HI SARATH
      I initially came across the same problem and it is actually about the bidirectionality . What i would suggest you here is going through lesson 5 of the optiwave tutorial where they have mentioned about parameters about signal index and layout iteration parameter..You may find the tutorial in comment #32149. Follow the link below

Circulator

You can also refer to the osd file i have attached below. It is based on bidirectional fiber and how to get a signal at the output. The problem you are facing is because you may have kept the layout iteration= 1. Double click on the simulation window and change the iteration number to 3 or 4 even 5 if you are using more than one bidirectional components. It should work fine then. I hope it will be helpful to you.

thank you fayiqa

you are welcome sarath

Hi Fayiqa Naqshbandi

Thanks a lot for providing this valuable information. Appreciated

Regards

Burhan

you are welcome burhan. I had faced same problem initially and i came over it because someone helped and guided me..so its good to share this..
        Thanks and regards

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

Hi Sarath Chandran…
      Actually in a bidirectional optical fiber both backward and forward signals exist at same time and in simulation it is not possible.So we have to introduce some delay in the system such that signals are hold for a while ,so that both signals can travel at the same time like the real time scenario.
      Also you can go through the lesson 5 of the optiwave tutorial as already told by fayiqa.
      Also i am attaching the link of optiwave forum in which it was discussed by Alistu sir.
      Hope you will get some benefit from this.

OPTICAL DELAY COMPONMENT IN OPTISYSTEM

with regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      as Optical delay Generates optical signal delays. The delay is added by sending NULL signals to the output port.
      You can use the uploaded osd file for your further use.

Hi All

Thats beautifully explained by zulkarnain as this is the logic why we use delay in bidirectional fiber. we cannot simulate the signals (backward and forward signals) and thus require to Optical delay so that one of the signal is simulated after a certain interval of time to get the required result.

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi All

I indeed agree with Burhan about the nice explanation of the concept by Zulqarnain.I really appreciate the efforts of zulqarnain for providing such a valuable information.. Indeed I was also facing the problem initially and i also consulted the tutorial as mentioned by Fayiqa Naqshbandi..It was very helpful.. I hope it helps Sarath Chandaran..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.