Home Forums SYSTEM OFDM with FSO

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Damian,

Can I use the new OFDM Modulator and Demodulator block with Free space optics channel instead of fiber. If yes, what modifications should I need to do with the same. Kindly help

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhananjay, I think you’d better start simulating just by replacing the fiber optic channel with free space optics channel and see if you can get any results. I have checked a few papers (which if you are interested I can introduce) and found no major difference in implementation. There’s also a relevant discussion going on in the following forum:

Coherent detection OFDM

Cheers!

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Alitsu,

I have gone through the entire conversation in the link given by you. I am planning to use LED instead of Laser to transmit a signal through FSo along with OFDM modulation. But I am not getting sufficient results. Let me know if you have any papers regarding the system which I am trying to design.

alistu
        Participant

Dear Dhananjay, Unfortunately I don’t have any papers regarding OFDM-FSO with LED, but there are papers regarding FSO-OFDM. What I was implying was that you first implement the system regardless of the FSO channel and then make the adjustments. It would also help if you attach your osd file so I can check it to find the problem if I can. Thank you.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hi dhanajy,visit the link

Symbol Rotation in OFDM

I have attached a fso link file on the name of chee.osd.you can get help from this file.this is a coherent detection ofdm system.But for use of led you need direct detection system
      Thank you

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Dear Sam Sung,

I had gone through the design. It is based on laser and I am planning to go with simulation based on LED’s. I simply have replaced the laser with LED and other required parameters but am not getting the output.

Besides I would like to know whether the new OFDM demodulator block is compatible with FSO transmission instead of fiber transmission. The new OFDM modulator block has got fiber dispersion compensation, thats the reason I am wondering whether it will work with FSO system or not.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Dhananjay, I think there have been some similar problems to yours regarding this problem and I haven’t been able to help much, but I think it would be a good idea if you attach your simulation file (if possible) for me and others to observe your progress and be able to make changes and see if we can help. Thank you.

P.S. As soon as the problem in this forum is solved, yours is hopefully solved too:

Error during simulation

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Thank you Alitsu,

I will upload my design soon so that whatever is the error can be resolved.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.