Home Forums GENERAL OFDM modulator

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi,
      If possible explain the different parameters of OFDM modulator like position array,no. of subcarriers, no. of prefix points and no. of fft
      and how could we use these parameters to maximise Q-factor in OFDM PON.
      I am uploading an osd file of 4 user OFDM , here i have problem that all 4 downlink have different Q-factor, if possible please correct it because only 2nd one having good Q-factor left are useless. Please try to explain it.

Attachments:
      ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi ranjeet..
      In my opinion the OFDM block position array arranges the position of the central frequency of the OFDM spectra, but please check whether this is true.
      For your reference i am attaching few links in which this is discussed which might help you.

wdm-ofdm pon

ofdm ftth network

Optisystem OFDM Block

OFDM

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi ZULKARNAIN,
      Thank you for your efforts to make me understand.But the above discription is not quite sufficient for understanding.
      My question regarding OFDM modulator parameters to optimoze the results. here i am uploading OFDM PON with 4 users in 2nd case we get very good Q-factor having position array of 1888 but others users are not havibg good Q-factor.

Attachments:

hi ranjeet,
        In the recent past, the component functioned in the following fashion. Setting the Number of FFT points sets the total number of available (not necessarily used) sub-carrier positions centered at DC or 0 Hz. The number of sub-carriers would then set the total number of sub-carriers actually used (for example 4 sub-carriers might be used for a QPSK format). The position array then sets the starting point of the range of the sub-carriers used. You can refer to the link provided by alistu for further refrence.
        Thanks and regards

alistu
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

In order to understand the aforementioned parameters in OFDM components, please refer to the answer provided in the link I have addressed below, where I have asked the more or less the same question a while ago and here is Damian’s answer:

Optisystem OFDM Block

Please feel free to ask any further questions you may encounter. I suggest you also go through the help section of the component if you find the answer inadequate in any way (which I believe is quite comprehensive).

If you are using OS12 OFDM components, I suggest you choose the used subcarriers in between the available subcarriers, the way set in the examples provided.

Regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you Alistu sir
      I will use the parameters as per your suggestions and then will seek for improved results.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.