Home Forums FDTD Nano filter by using PBG

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      william gates
      Participant

Hi guys, currently, i’m trying to design a optical nano filter, but i have no idea where to begin, so that would be great if anyone has good sample files to share. I really appreciate that. BTW, i did design a filter follows this application https://optiwave.com/applications/fdtd-photonic-bandgap-micro-cavity-in-optical-waveguide/ but it doesn’t work, please take a look

Regards !

william gates
      Participant

attached file

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

I run your sample and it simulates, what is the error?

william gates
      Participant

Hi Damian, thank you for your reply, as you can see my result is not the same as the application https://optiwave.com/applications/fdtd-photonic-bandgap-micro-cavity-in-optical-waveguide/. I don’t know what’s wrong

Damian Marek
      Participant

There are some things I would change, but the leading cause of the difference is that you are not simulating for enough time steps. The light gets trapped in the cavity and so you need to simulate long enough so most of the light has time to reach the output detector. Place an observation point at the same point as the transmission line (which I would make wider too) to see the convergence as is described in the example.

See the snapshot I took

Damian Marek
      Participant

Also I made the simulation domain smaller and used a modal input which is what the example also suggested. Read the example more carefully and try to reproduce it closer.

william gates
      Participant

I did tried my best, but it doesn’t work at all. My 3D layout model is not even the same as the application. So, if you don’t mind, could you please send me your sample. It will help a lot, thanks !

Damian Marek
      Participant

I have worked it a bit but it is still missing somethings in 3D. Like the extra layer of SiO2.

Attachments:
      william gates
      Participant

that’s problem, i created 2 linear waveguides which is made of SiO2 (Refractive index n=1.4585) in my first sample, but it’s not good enough. Do you have any sample of optical nano filters, i have to design a optical system and i really need some filters, anythihng(bragg grating, PBG, plasmon, TFMF, Mach-Zehnder, ….). I appreciate it ! Thanks, Damian; your help on the project was invaluable

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.