Home Forums GENERAL Mach-Zehnder Interferometer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Arsha Renjan
      Participant

Sir, I am doing my project on the topic REVERSIBLE LOGIC GATES BASED ON MZI which i have attached.But i dont know about how the MZI works in the optisystem .Please someone help me with this.

alistu
      Participant

Hi Arsha,

To know exactly how a component works in OptiSystem, I suggest that first you go through the component help section, available at component properties window. You can also have a look at the following answer which has a very general description of the component:

MZM and MZI

If you have any questions about the explanations in the help section, please ask.

regards

Arsha Renjan
      Participant

Sir,In the attached paper they use MZI as an optical switch.When the inputs of MZI be A and B,then the bar port become AB and Cross port become ABbar.That is A be 0011 B be 0101.The outputs at bar port is 0001 and cross port is 0010.So i want to know how the switching action is occured in the MZI.

Arsha Renjan
      Participant

Sir,What is the difference between simple MZI and SOA based MZI

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Arsha,

The incoming signal to be switched is split between the arms of the interferometer. The interferometer is balanced so that, in the absence of a control signal, the incoming signal emerges from one output port. The presence of a strong control pulse changes the refractive index of the medium. A change in the index adds a phase shift between the two arms of the interferometer, so that the incoming signal is switched over to another output port.

This explanation is given in the paper. Where as in normal MZI, the outputs are not switched.

Regards,
      Sasha

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.