Home Forums SYSTEM Lightwave analyzer

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Could anyone explain the application of lightwave analyzer in optisystem, where we can use it in design and what is its advantage of using in test sets. Please if possible explain by using it in design and upload its osd file.
      Although A Lightwave Component Analyzer measures electro-optical S21 responsivity of PIN Diodes, APD’s, LiNbO3 and electro-absorption modulators as well as modulated lasers, But i don’t know its application in Optisystem design.

Tanveer
      Participant

hello ranjit kumar…
      This problem has been already discussed to a great extent where Damian Marek Sir had provided a brief info about it…here i am attaching the link

Lightwave Analyzer – How to use it?

moreover for more info kindly refer the tutorial
      https://optiwave.com/category/optisystem-manuals/optisystem-tutorials/b2-optical-system-lightwave-systems/page/2/

with regards
      tanveer

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Tanveer,

Thanks for providing the links… Your efforts are highly appreciated..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Tanveer
      Participant

thank you sahil singh…i am here to help…
      with regards
      tanveer

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you Tanveer for your kind information.
      I think, i could understand Lightwave analyzer as BER test set , the way BER test set is used for PBRS, WE CAN USE Lightwave analyzer as Laser.
      May be i am right. Please comment your view to help me.
      seeking your response.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

HELLO RANJEET..
      As explained in the post by Damian that the lightwave analyzer can be set to different input/output configurations depending on what you would like to do. You could for example set it to output an optical signal and read in an optical signal to find the frequency response of the RSOA. Using the component properties window you can set the characteristics of the laser and the frequencies to sweep in your simulation. The global parameter “Iterations” will set the number of frequency data points used.
      Kindly refer to the link…it will help u definitely..

Lightwave Analyzer – How to use it?

Thanks and regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

HELLO RANJEET..

Damian has very correctly mentioned in the post that the lightwave analyzer can be set to various input/output configurations…. Also refer to the link posted by Fayiqa Naqshbandi… It will definitely be of help….

Thanks and regards

Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you all for your response and suggestion.
      I will consider and follow your suggestion and links and will learn from them.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.