Home Forums SYSTEM GPON BER Measurement

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

I have implemented the simulation of GPON based FTTH and have to find the BER. i was wondering if i should use 3R before BER analyzer or connect BER analyzer with PRBS and NRZ pulse generatorr? which method will give the accurate results? Using 3R might overcome the losses occurred because of fiber?

alistu
      Participant

Could you upload your simulation file please?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Shahbaz,

As far as I remember Damian highlighted in one of our forums that its common to use 3R before BER analyzer instead of connecting it with PRBS and NRZ for similar efficiency. Accuracy is a separate question.

Talking about real GPON systems, I don’t think I’ve seen usage of 3R there… EDFA or Raman amplification should be sufficient.

Ravil
      Participant

May give you more details if I see your simulation scheme…

Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

Hi Ravil,

Thanks for the information i think i have gotten my answer. Another problem is every time i open BER analyzer the results change. Is it because of the signal index option?

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Shahbaz,

Do you mean that your results are changing without repeating the experiment? Are you changing the number of sweep iteration at all?

Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

No i am not changing iterations. I am trying to plot a BER curve with received power but i dont seem to get the proper curve. Take a look at simulation attached.

Attachments:
      Ravil
      Participant

Unfortunately, I can’t open your file… What version of OptiSystem did you use?

Shahbaz Qureshi
      Participant

I have used the OptiSystem 13 version for 64 bit.

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Shahbaz,

ok, I can’t open it with on mine. Are you able to upload a screen shot of your scheme so I can take a look at it?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.