Home Forums SYSTEM BER ANALYZER CONNECTION

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      vipul
      Participant

HELLO EVERYBODY
      BER ANALYZER CAN BE CONNECTED IN TWO WAYS AS SHOWN IN ATTACHMENT.ONE WAY IS ALL 3 INPUT PORTS DIRECTLY WITH RECEIVER AS SHOWN IN FIGURE 1 .AND OTHER METHOD IS CONNECTING TWO TOP TWO INPUTS WITH PRBS GENERATOR AND NRZ ,LOWER INPUT WITH RECEIVER.-ATTACHMENT 2.MY QUESTIONS ARE
      A)HOW SHOULD ONE DECIDE WHICH CONNECTION (BER ANALYZER)IS SUITABLE FOR A PARTICULAR CIRCUIT?
      B)FOR CONNECTION SHOWN IN FIGURE 2 BET ERROR RATE IS COMPUTED BY COMPARISON OF INPUT PULSE GENERATOR WITH RECEIVED PULSE.HOW BIT ERROR RATE IS COMPUTED IN FIGURE1 SINCE THERE IS NO CONNECTION OF BER ANALYZER WITH INPUT PULSE GENERATOR

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Vipul, I do not see any attachments…

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

It depends on the project with which you’re working if you are working in a WDM network of eight channels is inviavel making the first method which is to connect the BER analyzer the PRBS generator. See how it looks in the annex, and have the project also

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

See how it looks easier to work the second form you quoted for the example I quoted earlier to eight channels. Follow image and design. The first way would advise if I was working with one channel to at most two.

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

I hope I helped

vipul
      Participant

THANKU HEITOR…. IT REALLY HELPED AND THANKS AGAIN FOR TAKING PAIN IN ATTACHING ALL THESE FILES

vipul
      Participant

I AM ADDING A PROJECT FILE AND WANT TO SEE EYE DIAGRAM.CAN I ATTACH BER ANALYZER BOTH WAYS? I AM UNABLE TO CONNECT BER ANALYZER WITH USER DEFINED PULSE GENERATOR(AS SHOWN IN DIAGRAM ATTACHED BY HEITOR)-LESSON 3 (NOT LESSON 3C)
      CAN ANYBODY HELP.

Damian Marek
      Participant

Sure you can use both ways. Although I like to use the input signal from the binary sequence and pulse generator, because otherwise the re-generator has to estimate at the clock and bit sequence and on some occasions it can be incorrect.

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear Heitor !

Is there any tutorial related to lesson 3c avalible to u or u have ? i have related to lesson 3 but couldn’t find lesson 3c.

Kindly share if u have tutorial related to 3c and 3b.

Regards

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

hi every one !

1. i am attaching a file on which i am working on. kindly help me, if any one who knows y i am not getting the BER graph/value for this setup.

2. kindly also tell me which setup should i use to calculate BER (as mentioned above in 1 pic or in pic 2). i used pic 1 but couldn’d find BER and pic 2 setup doesnot suits mine work.

3. i have cheked sample 3c and 3b but they do not suit my setup so kindly tell me how should i approach to find BER.

I wil be very thakful to u for ur kindness.

(I M usng opti sys 7)

Best Regards

Attachments:
        Heitor Galvao
        Participant

The 3R regenerator generates the original bit sequence, and a modulated electric signal be used for analyzing BER, where RIC is an indication of how many times a package from another unit of data must be retransmitted because of an error. This first door of 3R regenerator is the output sequence of bits, the second is NRZ signal modulated and last exit is a copy of the input signal. These three signs can be connected directly to the BER Analyzer, avoiding additional links between the transmitter and the receiver stage. When using the 3R Regenerator, no need for connections between the transmitters and the parser of RIC.

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

See your design attached

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear heitor !

Thanks alot for ur kind response. I got it, it is really help ful.

But i did not get ur this line, as stated above;

” where RIC is an indication of how many times a package from another unit of data must be retransmitted because of an error ”

Kindly eleborate it and what is RIC ??

BEST REGARDS
      BEST WIshes

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear Heitor !

There is also some strange behavior u will find in the BER analyzer, which i have explained below. Have a look at this.

when i sweep between 0.5 to 3 km distance of optical fiber then BER analyzer showed graphs for some values of distance and does not show any graph for some of the values.

i dont know y this happing ?

If u know why this is happing kindly share with me also.

Best Regards

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.