Home Forums SYSTEM function of buffer selector compoment

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Hoat Le
      Participant

What is the function of Buffer Selector component in optical system design ?

alistu
      Participant

Hi Hoat,

Please refer to the following post and the answer created a while ago:

BUFFER SELECTOR

Regards

Hi Hoat

The link provided by alistu is regarding the same thing u r enquiring about and there the definition and the use of buffer selector is very much discussed. U can refer to the post for further guidance. Hope it helps.i am attaching a link below for ur reference.
      Hope it helps

BUFFER SELECTOR

Best regards

Burhan

+2

Hi Hoat Le

MAny people have been posting the same question.kindly go through the posts on buffer selector that have already been discussed.
      You will find the answer for your query.
      For your convenience i repost my answer again.

buffer selector finds its use in systems which use multiple system iterations.Its significance is to filter out a particular iteration and then only the signal of that particular iteration is forwarded to the detector.
      Make sure if you use a buffer selector in your design,,you change the signal index in the analyser window to the same iteration value as you set for your buffer selector.Or else you will find no output values for BER and Quality factor at all other signal index values.

Hope it helps

Regards

+9

Hi Fayiqa

That’s really kind of you to post it again here. Infact the previous post where u had mentioned about this and share your valuable thoughts about the topic were really helpful. Thanks a lot it really helped and provided vision regarding this buffer selector.

Regards

Burhan

+5
      Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Hoat Le,
      The Buffer Selector is used to select the signal data associated with a specified iteration in a series of iterations.
      The parameter Selection is set by default to 0 (the indexing for iterations starts at 0). If the parameter Selection is set to Iterations – 1 (using Script mode) the component will forward the signal data associated with the final iteration of the series. For example if Iterations = 5 (within Layout Parameters/Signals), the Buffer Selector will forward the signal data associated with the 5th iteration of the CW laser.

Attachments:

You are welcome Burhan num mina llah.

Regards

+1

Hi All

Well said Ranjeet. Quite an elaborate answer for the boy. Hope he gets what he had enquire about.

Regards

Burhan

+1
      Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi Hoat Le

MAny people have been posting the same question.kindly go through the posts on buffer selector that have already been discussed.
      You will find the answer for your query.
      For your convenience i repost my answer again.

buffer selector finds its use in systems which use multiple system iterations.Its significance is to filter out a particular iteration and then only the signal of that particular iteration is forwarded to the detector.
      Make sure if you use a buffer selector in your design,,you change the signal index in the analyser window to the same iteration value as you set for your buffer selector.Or else you will find no output values for BER and Quality factor at all other signal index values.

Regards

Hoat Le
      Participant

Manoj Kumar ! thank you a lots ! 🙂

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Hoat,
      As We know optical buffer is a device that is capable of temporarily storing light. Just as in the case of a regular buffer, it is a storage medium that enables compensation for a difference in time of occurrence of events. More specifically, an optical buffer serves to store data that was transmitted optically (i.e., in the form of light), without converting it to the electrical domain.
      But, The Buffer Selector is used to select the signal data associated with a specified iteration in a series of iterations.

We could change the iteration , The parameter Selection is set by default to 0 (the indexing for iterations starts at 0). If the parameter Selection is set to Iterations – 1 (using Script mode) the component will forward the signal data associated with the final iteration of the series. For example (see Figure) if Iterations = 5 (within Layout Parameters/Signals), the Buffer Selector will forward the signal data associated with the 5th iteration of the CW laser.

Thanks,

+3

Hi All.
      I agree with all that optical buffer is a device that is capable of temporarily storing light. Just as in the case of a regular buffer, it is a storage medium that enables compensation for a difference in time of occurrence of events. More specifically, an optical buffer serves to store data that was transmitted optically (i.e., in the form of light), without converting it to the electrical domain. The Buffer Selector is used to select the signal data associated with a specified iteration in a series of iterations.

Can anyone tell me if it is purely optical or electro-optical component here because you have mentioned that optical buffer serves to store data that was transmitted optically without converting it to the electrical domain? I would appreciate
      Thanks

+11
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.