Home Forums SYSTEM BUFFER SELECTOR

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Amit Garg
      Participant

What is the role of Buffer Selector component in optical system design

Selvendran S
      Participant

if you are using iteration in our layout( for example laser feedback loop) mean you can select the particular iteration result through this buffer selector

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi amit garg….
      As already discussed by Damian Marek in one of the post the buffer selector is a simulation tool to grab certain signals (from the different signal iterations) generated in bidirectional or loop simulations.
      As suggested by him you can go through the bidirectional tutorial:

Lesson 5: Bidirectional Simulation — Working with Multiple Iterations

Also i am attaching a link of the post in which this topic was discussed.Hope you will get benefit from this.

Problem in simulation of Buffer selector in TWDM PON

With regards

Tanveer
      Participant

hello amit garg,,,
      i hope that zulkarnain`s reply was satisfactory one…
      for more information kindly refer the below link…
      https://fenix.tecnico.ulisboa.pt/downloadFile/3779571242940/OptiSys_Design%20-%20Component%20Library.pdf
      http://optolab.utko.feec.vutbr.cz/wp-content/uploads/NIMT2011.pdf
      with regards

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Amit,
      The Buffer Selector is used to select the signal data associated with a specified iteration in a series of iterations.
      The parameter Selection is set by default to 0 (the indexing for iterations starts at 0). If the parameter Selection is set to Iterations – 1 (using Script mode) the component will forward the signal data associated with the final iteration of the series. For example if Iterations = 5 (within Layout Parameters/Signals), the Buffer Selector will forward the signal data associated with the 5th iteration of the CW laser.

HI AMIT

In simple words buffer selector finds its use in systems which use multiple system iterations.Its significance is to filter out a particular iteration and then only the signal of that particular iteration is forwarded to the detector.
      Make sure if you use a buffer selector in your design,,you change the signal index in the analyser window to the same iteration value as you set for your buffer selector.Or else you will find no output values for BER and Quality factor at all other signal index values.

Hope its helpful

Regards

Hi Amit

buffer selector is used for selection of the iteration, which is released.As rightly put forth by fayiqa and all. U can still refer to following link gor further reference as is mentioned in lesson 5 of optisystem tutorials. Hope it helps

Best Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello amit,
      Everyone is right in one or the other way but i would suggest you to go through the Lesson 5 of the optiwave tutorial which has nicely explained different aspects where we use or can use buffer selector.
      I am attaching the pdf please find the same herein. I would it would help to some extent.

Regards

Hi Aabid

I also found it useful and it does beautifully explain the use of buffer selector and makes a distinction when to opt for buffer selector and how to use it. That might really be of sone use to Amit. Hope!

Regards

Burhan

Hi all

yes as aabid mentioned you can go through the chapter 5 of the manual.I initialy faced the same problem in my project and the tutorial helped me to trouble shoot the errors.

All the best.

regards

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

hi amit garg….
      As already discussed by Damian Marek in one of the post the buffer selector is a simulation tool to grab certain signals (from the different signal iterations) generated in bidirectional or loop simulations.
      As suggested by him you can go through the bidirectional tutorial:

Also i am attaching a link of the post in which this topic was discussed.Hope you will get benefit from this.

Problem in simulation of Buffer selector in TWDM PON

With regards

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.