Home Forums SYSTEM Plz help me to solve 3 questions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Raja masud
      Participant

Hi guys,

Finally we (me and my 3 group members) have almost able to design our optical layout for our BSc thesis. We are working to recreate a diagram in optisystem-7 which I have told earlier in this forum (https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/please-someone-help-problem-with-feed-back-loop/).
      However we have able to create a pulse generator which generates single pulse only for first iteration or when signal index is zero, and in other iteration it produce null signal. But still we are confused about some matter.

Such as output should be look like figure:2 but we have got this output of figure:3 (see in pdf file), then one of my group members said that, to see output of each circulation of pulse (because according to the theory if the pulse makes one circulation with in the loop “abcda”, an output pulse will be detected[see the “abcda ” loop in pdf file], so for each circulation we will get a pulse) we may need to change the number of iteration by changing the signal index parameter, but he is not 100% sure. Is it correct?
      However according to the “tutorial-1 Lesson 5: Bidirectional Simulation — Working with multiple iterations” we use the iteration and optical delay to circulate the pulse within the loop. Are we correct?

Anyway, below I rearrange above question sequentially again,

1)To circulate a signal in a loop such as “abcda” do we need optical delay and iteration?
      2)To view the each output which is created by each circulation of the signal, do we need to change the signal index?
      3)So can we say that for a loop diagram such as figure:1, number of circulation of a signal is equal to number of iteration? Or we use 20 iterations, is it means that, the pulse circulate 20 times within the loop?

Please someone help us to clear our 3 confusion, because our thesis will be depending on the 3 answer of those above questions. Answer from the OPTISYSTEM expert members will highly encourage our purpose. And we will be so grateful to them who clarify our confusion. We hope we will get all the answer from forum, which we are seeking.

I have upload two pdf and an osd file. Plz see those file first.

Thanking to all
      Raja

Raja masud
      Participant
      Raja masud
      Participant

PLZ guys help me

Raja masud
      Participant

plz somebody respond

Damian Marek
      Participant

1) You can use an optical delay or an initial delay. There is also an Optical Ring Controller which will control how many times the signal propagates in the ring.
      2) Yes the signal index changes which iteration of the loop you are investigating.
      3) Not exactly the case every time for every project. You can check to see how many iterations it takes for the first output to arrive at the Power Splitter and then every iteration after that will be one loop. In this case I am getting the 0th iteration arriving at the output, so yes the iteration corresponds to the number of loops. In some cases, like using an Initial Delay this might be different.

Raja masud
        Participant

Thanks Domian Marek, Thank u very very very much.

You completely remove our confusion. Now we(me and my group) can continue our project work.

however i have some more question to ask about my project. I hope i will get your help again.

Thanking you again

Raja

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.