Home Forums SYSTEM evaluation license is not working

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      john smith Sr
      Participant

Dears,
      This is the first time I am installing OptiSystem 14 on my system, I get the error : “Could not obtain license, terminating application”.
      Anyone faced this and what is the solution? Is there a license file that should be downloaded,….?

Appreciated
      John

Tanveer
      Participant

Hello john smith…
      Welcome to optiwave…
      There is no licence issue for the first trial month period…
      You should download the software from the link

https://optiwave.com/category/products/system-and-amplifier-design/optisystem/

It is a trial version of the software and will be having a 30 day evaluation period and after 30 days your access will be terminated if you do not buy a license..
      with regards
      tanveer

+1

Hi John Smith Sr

Welcome to Optiwave. Actually I believe that you have somewhere clicked on the licensed version or mught have agreed to have license that is why it is asking for some license file otherwise in case of the trial version available here in the downloads section above does not ask for any kind of license as it is the free version and the evaluation lasts for a month and after that it terminates.
      I will post a link for the download of trial version.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/optiwave-us/evaluations/OptiSystem/OptiSystem_14.0_evaluation.exe

Regards

Burhan

+9
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi John Smith Sr

First and foremost, I Welcome you to Optiwave.I completely agree with burhan and tanveer. You need to download the trial version of the optisystem preferably from the link mentioned by burhan.. You cannot download the licenced version of the optisystem from the internet… Hope it helps…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

+2
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi John Smith Sr

First of all Welcome to Optiwave/optisystem family. I agree with burhan num mina llah and i too believe that you have somewhere clicked on the licensed version and agreed to have license that is why you are getting “Could not obtain license, terminating application” error message.
      Also it can be due to having 32-bit operating system because optisystem 14 is only available for 64 bit operating systems. But most likely it is due to the former issue. I hope it helps.
      regards

love kumar
      Participant

hi john..

i agree with aabid baba and burhan .. addition to them also check your system time and clock setting.

HELLO KUMAR
        Does clock and date setting really matter for running the software successfully on your desktop/PC ?
        i have never given it a thought but yeah somewhere in the one of the older posts i have come across it.. I think you have also mentioned an important point here. Well, i guess he has to do everything right for running the tool now.
        Anyways thanks for the extra information.

+5

HI JOHN SMITH Sr
      you may have gotten the exact answer for your query. Everyone has put it right but to some extent i find that aabid has mentioned another important thing regarding the operating system of your PC. That could also be a factor responsible for the error message you are getting when opening the tool. I hope you find every response very helpful.
      Thanks and regards

+7

Hi Fayiqa and Aabid

Could that really be an issue. I don’t think so, because you see if he has downloaded and tried to install, its after installation or during the installation that the license is asked for, so i believe Operation system could not be the issue because in that case it would not even initiate to install the software. I hope you got what i am trying to say.

Regards

Burhan

+3

Hi Love Kumar

Ohhh this clock timing and date setting for running the software (optisystem) is really a news and if it could be the case then its a thing to be taken care of.

Regards

Burhan

+2
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

I really dont think that clock timing and date setting for running the software (optisystem) could be an issue… But if it really is an issue,Burhan mentioned it correctly that is a news and needs to be taken care of..

Regards

Sahil Singh

+1
      Tanveer
      Participant

Hello john smith…
      i think most of the possible solutions to this problem have been addressed here…but these problems fall in general category…
      now can you please provide information regarding the working of the software now…so that it can help others in future,,,,
      with regards
      tanveer

MHD NA
      Participant

I think that you have somewhere clicked on the licensed version or mught have agreed to have license that is why it is asking for some license file otherwise in case of the trial version available here in the downloads section above does not ask for any kind of license as it is the free version and the evaluation lasts for a month and after that it terminates

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..
      Well in case of evaluation versions of the software, clock and date settings of the PC are really important. Since the validity of these versions is a finite time period,starting from the time and date the software was installed, if the system time and date settings change, the softwares don’t run.

Also, John… once your 30-day trial ends, similar messages should be expected, because then the software looks for a license to keep running, which if it doesn’t get, it gets terminated

+2

Hi Naazira Badar

Quite a valuable point you have made here. Now it makes sense why time and date setting is important. Till now I thought it shouldn’t play much role in the running of software but now i get why the newer versions of software required time and date settings to be correct. Thanks for this information. Really appreciated.

Regards

Burhan

+1
      Tanveer
      Participant

thank you naazira badar for sharing such a valuable information here….
      it will be kind helpful..
      best regards

+3
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      Well yeah! i agree with naazira and love kumar. Thanks both for making point of it.
      Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

Now i really understand why date and time are important in optiwave…. Really useful information…

Regards

Sahil Singh

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi all..

You are most welcome. Good to know you people benefited. All the best.

Regards
      Naazira.

Damian Marek
      Participant

John,

Please contact support@optiwave.com for issues with installation and/or licensing.

Regards,
      Damian

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi John Smith,

As rightly mentioned by Damain,it is better to contact the optiwave support… They will provide you the exact solution as far as installation is concerned…

Regards

Sahil Singh

love kumar
      Participant

hiii all .. thanks for your appreciation..

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Yes, ofcourse the best solution to such issues would be provided by the Optisystem support.

Regards
      Naazira.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi ,
      I think evaluation license is not having any working issues as already discussed previously.
      The optisystem software is working quite appreciable and fine as per expectation even its 30 days trial versions.
      I don’t think that the software has any problem, sometime it may have problem of”Could not obtain license, terminating application”
      for this you should terminate the software using taskbar and restart the optisystem then it will work properly and smoothly.
      hope this will help you in getting your problem resolved.

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

hi everyone,
      The problem will resolved sooner.
      sometime problem in Personal computer causes that problem

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi John Smith Sr

First of all Welcome to Optiwave/optisystem family. I agree with burhan num mina llah and i too believe that you have somewhere clicked on the licensed version and agreed to have license that is why you are getting “Could not obtain license, terminating application” error message.
      Also it can be due to having 32-bit operating system because optisystem 14 is only available for 64 bit operating systems. But most likely it is due to the former issue. I hope it helps.
      regards

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.