Home Forums SYSTEM error vector magnitude

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Hi, Is there a way to calculate EVM (error vector magnitude) in optisystem 13.0 just like we calculate in VPI photonics?

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello TAyyab
      welcome to optisystem,you are new to optisystem so i would recommend you to go through optisystem samples and documents.There are many useful examples given by optiwave.Now may you please mention your objective in order to better understand your requirement.In which system you want to check the EVM? There are some discussion already have done on this topic.I have mention the links below and for better understanding of your,please elaborate the work and objectives.

LTE signal OFDM (64QAM)

Error vector Magnitude

Regards

Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Thanks again respected sir.

Alessandro Festa
      Participant

As suggested by Taryyab, the documentation procided with Optisystem fully explains whate capabilities the software has. As per your question, it is possible to calculate EVM.

Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Thanks, Sir.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome Tayyab.Hope you got the right answer to your question.Best of luck

Damian Marek
      Participant

Yes it is possible. Using the constellation visualizer you can looks at the results in the Project Browser or by right-clicking the component and choosing results. You can find the calculated symbol error rate as well as the error vector magnitude.

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

Yes you can calculate the EVm or log EVM mentioned is Constellation visualizer. There are two provision for EVM log scale and decimal. We can plot the variation of EVM with respect to length of fiber or laser power. Or but the Power meter at point where calculate the EVM. calculate the Signal power Noise power & get the SNR . The EVM is given by 1/SER^1/2,

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hello Tayyab Mehmood,
      You can use the decision component to find the EVM of a system. Just go to the component results and tick the EVM and you will be notified about the EVM of the system on next simulation.

Regards,
      Dhiman

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Tayyab Mehmood,
      Here i am posting the link in which Damian Marek and Dhiman Kakati sir have discussed about error-vector-magnitude. As we also know Error vector magnitude (EVM) is a measure of modulation quality and error performance in complex wireless systems. Dhiman has discussed relationship between error-vector-magnitude and BER.

Error vector Magnitude

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
        Participant

Hi I have added a new reply on EVM calcilation procedure. Please follow the link provided by Ranjeet in the above comment.

Regards,
        Dhiman

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.