Home Forums SYSTEM Design highly nonlinear fibers loop to generate optical frequency comb

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Rifat Nazneen
      Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am doing my research in the generation of Optical frequency comb. I found a paper where they used nonlinear effect to enhance FWM by designing a fibers loop which connected with polarization beam splitter. I simulated that system in Optisystem but i didn’t get the same results as in the paper. Then I designed the loop using connector with the splitter. But there is no impact of the loop in the system. Would you please help me that how can i design the fiber loop which will have an impact on the system??

I have attached both the .osd file. Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

HELLO RIFAT NAZNEEN..

Well as far as your query is concerned i dont have much knowledge but i can provide you with the link of the post where it has been discussed how to design a frequency comb.. in the link Damian has said that it is possible with optisystem software… You can use CW Laser Array combined with the Ideal Mux. Set the number of ports for each component to some value N representing the number of lines and set the linewidth to 0 MHz in the laser array to get the Dirac comb…

Optical Frequency Comb [Optical System]

Thanks & regards

umer syed
      Participant

hi rifat nazneen,
      You can use CW Laser Array combined with the Ideal Mux. Set the number of ports for each component to some value N representing the number of lines and set the linewidth to 0 MHz in the laser array to get the Dirac comb…

i think same type problem is associated in above link, where diamain sir clearly told that it possible to form it in the optisystem

with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Rifat Nazneen,

Firstly i suggest you to use CW Laser Array… Also try consulting the link suggested by Umer Syed.. It will surely be of help to you…

Regards

Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi rifat nazneen,

one way to employ optical frequency comb by using cascade intensity modulator and phase modulator.

You can also use CW Laser Array combined with the Ideal Mux. Set the number of ports for each component to some value N representing the number of lines and set the linewidth to 0 MHz in the laser array to get the Dirac comb.

To measure phase noise, the quickest way is to use our OSA component.
      with regards

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Rifat. Greetins from my side.

As afore mentioned by other forum members one way to employ optical frequency comb by using cascade intensity modulator and phase modulator.
      You can also use CW Laser Array combined with the Ideal Mux. Set the number of ports for each component to some value N representing the number of lines and set the linewidth to 0 MHz in the laser array to get the Dirac comb and to measure phase noise, the quickest way is to use our OSA component..

Regards
      Atul Sharma

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Rifat,
      Kindly follow the link https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/optical-frequency-comb-optical-system/
      It surely will help you in understanding the design of frequency comb.
      Also Try following the following link too. https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/optical-frequency-combs/
      It contains what you require. I hope it will help in one or the other way.
      Regards

Rifat Nazneen
      Participant

Thanks a lot to everyone for your valuable responses. After reading your responses I am quit clear that there are several processes to generate comb. But still i am interested to design fiber looping for optical comb generation. Would you please give me some suggestion or techniques that can be helpful for me to design the highly nonlinear fiber loop in Optisystem?

varinder singh
      Participant

HELLO RIFAT NAZNEEN..

Well as far as your query is concerned i dont have much knowledge but i can provide you with the link of the post where it has been discussed how to design a frequency comb.. in the link Damian has said that it is possible with optisystem software… You can use CW Laser Array combined with the Ideal Mux. Set the number of ports for each component to some value N representing the number of lines and set the linewidth to 0 MHz in the laser array to get the Dirac comb…https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/optical-frequency-comb-optical-system/
      with regards

BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hi Rifat Nazneen

I’ve been working on this problem for a quite long time, for my research I used a cascade of MZ modulators,
      I read a very good article about optical frequency comb generation techniques. find it in attachment and i hope it will clear your thoughts

Best regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

Actually these dots appear when a comment is modified on the forum… It was evident on the other posts as well..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Rifat,
      Damian Marek sir has explain the generation of optical-frequency-comb-optical-system.

Thanks to Damian sir such valuable sharing information.

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Aasif Bashir. Greetings.

What does these dots suggest?? You have posted them on every thread.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.