Home Forums GENERAL Optical frequency Combs

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help me creating an optical frequency comb, i tried the system in the pallet, but I couldn’t arrive to get the same results.
      It’s based on a cascade of MZ modulators.

Can anyone suggest what to do

Damian Marek
      Participant

Could you please attach the project file as well?

Regards

BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hi Damian

Find in attachment the project file. I found it in a paper named ” System performance evaluation of an optical superchannel originated from different optical comb generation techniques “.
      I copied the same parameters, but still can’t find the same results.
      I will be grateful if you can help me fix that.

Best Regards

Attachments:
      aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi benyahia soheyb,

i am unable to open the .osd file you have uploaded.

regards

Tanveer
      Participant
      SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

hi tanveer ,
      isuggest you to read the query of benyahia soheyb very well, he knows how to create a optical frequency comb in optisystem,
      his problem lies in the his .osd file where he not getting the frequency comb.
      i myself is not able to open his .osd file.

with regards

Tanveer
      Participant

hello sahil singh…
      i have access to the software during lab hours only so it is not possible for me to check the .osd file. Hence i suggested a link of the paper where there is complete procedure for it….

hope it clears you….

with regards

BENYAHIA SOHEYB
      Participant

Hey guys,

I attached the osd file again, I hope you can open it this time, I attached the article from where I got the pallet.
      If you can’t open it, this is my email: soheyb24@hotmail.fr, contact me and i will email it to you again
      Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

Benyahia,

In the paper they do not describe exactly all the parameters they have chosen to get that exact waveform, it might be difficult to reproduce it exactly with that in mind. The first thing I tried was removing the noise from the two Electric Amplifiers and that seemed to already make a big difference. Therefore the noise from the amplifiers is probably too large and either the initial signal power should be higher or a different amplifier with lower noise should be used. Also changing the switching voltage of the MZMs will have a large impact on the output! Try playing with those to increase the amount of generated harmonics.

Damian

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.