Home Forums FIBER CO-OFDM

• This topic has 14 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Fady.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Mukund Gupta
      Participant

This is my first time with optisystem. I am using it for my college project on co-ofdm, but i get an error everytime for ofdm modulation. please let me know the problem. I have attached the file for your reference.

Thanks.

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Mukund,

I am not able to open the file you have attached. I am using the latest version of OptiSystem. Please make sure that the file is properly attached, and that it actually works fine. Otherwise, please attach a screen shot of the file with the exact problem you are facing in your simulation.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello mukund,
      I am also facing an issue to open your osd file and i am using version 14 of optisystem.
      As mentioned by alistu , i would be better if you upload a screenshot instead. Ann try uploading the file again. May be that would help.
      Regards

+5
      Mukund Gupta
      Participant

Hi,
      Sorry for the file i am uploading the file again.

Please check and let me know the possible problem.

Thanks.

Mukund Gupta
      Participant

Here is the screen shot of the error message.

Attachments:
      Mukund Gupta
      Participant

screenshot of the architecture.

Attachments:
      Mukund Gupta
      Participant

I have made one more version of co-ofdm with OS 12 ofdm modulator. is the architecture correct? but whatever parameters i change, whether it be distance or be it different m-qam, the BER in the ber test set remains same. If you could check the parameters for BER test set as well.
      And how do i obtain a ber vs osnr graph here. do i need to add anything more to obtain that.
      thanks.

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello mukund,
        I would suggest you to download the 30 day evaluation trial version of optisystem 14 and try to run your simulation and regarding your later query , i want to mention that optisystem has recently added that to the BER test set. You can plot BER versus any parameter in the system. NOTE: this is in the BER test set, not the BER Analyzer. For the BER Analyzer, you would have to create these plots by hand (by copying/pasting the results into a program like excel).
        Rgeards

+6
        Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello,
        For your convenience i am posting a link and For further info follow the link where mohammad has mentioned the method of plotting BER Vs OSNR

Graph between BER v/s SNR

I hope it would help you in some or other way.
        Regards

+6
        alistu
        Participant

Hi Mukund,

The design seems to be correct. However, I suggest you use the optical amplifier after the SMF in order to reduce the power injected into the fiber. Also, you can reduce “samples per bit” parameter available in the layout parameters. However, You’d better use the implementation available in OptiSystem samples and make your changes on that implementation to be sure nothing is wrong with the implementation (if you haven’t already done that).

Regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello mukund,
      I am facing an issue to open your osd file and i am using version 14 of optisystem….
      Will try to open it again in due time and see if i can be of any help to you…
      Regards..

Mukund Gupta
      Participant

Hi Sahil,
      Aren’t the newly attached files also working? You would find them on my new threads in this post. I am using optisystem 13. I hope that’s not a problem.

Thanks.

Mukund Gupta
      Participant

Hi alistu,

So in this case the use of os12 ofdm modulator won’t matter much rather than using the normal ofdm modulator. And also is the ber issue that I mentioned earlier correct? Because it’s not changing at all for the last file which I uploaded.

Fady
      Participant

Hi Mukund,

I think you can not use OFDM OS12 with BER Test set.

Jojo Mathew
      Participant

Hello Mukund,
      you please mention the version of the optiwave that you are using .. Perhaps the latest version of optiwave work for you.
      And the file that you have attached is unable to open…
      Regards

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.