Home Forums SYSTEM Channel Estimation in OFDM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Yasir Saifullah
      Participant

My question is what kind of channel estimation Technique is used by OPtisystem 13 or 14 in OFDM to improve performance. I have attached a snapshot.
      Any Idea?
      Thanks

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi Yasir,

In OptiSystem OFDM demodulator component help section, some explanations have been provided. But unfortunately, an image which seems very informative is illegible due to being very small. That image explains the steps in which equalization is done. Please see the following:

Symbol Rotation in OFDM

I think if someone helps in this regard, you would get your answer. However, the papers used for equalization are listed at the end of help section.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

can we use non linear equalization technique to correct symbol rotation ( like- mmse , lms , volterra based filtering , viterbi algo) with new component ofdm

alistu
        Participant

Hi Prakash,

I believe the new OptiSystem OFDM component is already making use of the channel estimation methods as a means to equalize the data, but as far as I am concerned, it is not possible to choose the method of channel estimation among the methods you have mentioned above. It is possible to choose whether you want to use channel estimation capability or not, though.

Regards

prakash jat
      Participant

sorry alistu
      i am confuse with your last two sentence, please explain straight forword

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.