Home Forums SYSTEM Can Optisystem do simulation in Optical Packet Switching?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Qirui Huang
      Participant

Any comment?

ANKIT
      Participant

Huang,

Optical Packet Switching like facility is not available in the Optisystem, as per my knowledge. But for packet switching simulation, You can go for ‘NS-2’ which is used for network packet simulation and it is based on Linux OS. NS-2 might have facility for simulating optical packets.

Regards,
      Ankit

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,

OptiSystem is a physical layer simulation tool, you can investigate the performance of a system by measuring results such as BER. We do have examples of access networks and they can be seen at:

https://optiwave.com/category/products/system-and-amplifier-design/optisystem/optisystem-applications/access-networks/

Whether you could simulate what you are interested depends on how high level it is. If you have a paper or outline of the type of simulations you want to run I could tell if it is possible. However, if you have access to Matlab you could definitely simulate an optical packet switching network. You could do all of the higher level simulation in Matlab and call OptiSystem from it to simulate the performance of your optical links.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Qirui Huang
      Participant

Thanks for the info. While seems OptiSystem only focuses on physical performance, I wanna know if there is a better way to evaluate the high level performance like packet loss rate, queuing delay and throughput. Does Optiwave consider develop such simulation tool products?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Presently we are not actively pursuing that type of simulation tool. You could check out Riverbed Technology. I believe they have tools that could help you out.

Luis Acevedo
      Participant

thanks for the info

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.