Home Forums SYSTEM Can Optisystem be used to simulate the optical fiber sensor?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Runtao Yang
      Participant

Hello everyone
      I would like to use Optisystem ver 13 to simulate BOTDR optical fiber sensing , but did not get the results I expected.
      The pulse width is about 50ns and a single pulse.
      I am puzzled that can it realize BOTDR simulation? Or it is the parameter setting problem?

Ravil
      Participant

Hello Runtao,

If I understood you correctly, you are using Brillouin Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (BOTDR) in your project. However, I am not exactly sure how you are planning to realize your sensor in OptiSystem. Do you mean that you want to test it in the design of some scheme? Otherwise, there were some topics in Optiwave forums about sensors realization. Please, take a look at the following links below: https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/evanescent-wave-optical-fiber-sensor/

Optical fiber sensing

Runtao Yang
      Participant

Thank for your reply,Ravil.I want to simulate Brillouin Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (BOTDR).In order to preventing interference,I have turn off the parameter settings Rayleigh scattering and Raman scattering.

Attachments:
      +1

Hi, you did the btdr? I want to simulate a simple otdr configuration but really, I am a beginner in optisystem and I have no idea how to do it! and with your setup i think that i can do it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.